Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A frame good for anything?

SatelliteStrike

Question

This question might have been asked several times. Is there a general purpose frame? Wanna main a new frame and looking for someone who is fast, fun, can use both melee and guns, fun and that I can take anywhere (survival, defense, intercept, spy etc). A frame good for both solo and party play. And did I mention fun xD? Which frame/frames fit into this list, and Who you enjoy more? 

7 hours ago, SatelliteStrike said:

How bout zephyr? Bullets can't touch you so you can go melee to, fast and has a fun cc. She and wukong any good? 

Hmm Wukong I think is not as tanky as it looks on paper, but the problem I have with him is that he's not very fun to play, probably because his 2 survivability powers leave you with just a pretty bad staff poke and an extra melee weapon to play with.

As for Zephyr, It's been a while (I hate how she looks :o) but I'm pretty sure she's good. I mean having her tornadoes and her wind... shield thingy will give you good survivability, thinking about it it could be played like I do Nyx, using chaos (shield for zephyr) as damage prevention and absorb (tornadoes) as a "get off me" power XD. Her mobility powers are good but in closed spaces you'll end up crashing into things quite a bit.

22 hours ago, (XB1)GHOST AG3NT SLM said:

Nobody will ever complain about having a Nova around to slow or speed up enemies.  To keep them moleculed for easy killing.  To keep warps around to move faster to places or escape packs of enemies.  IMO Nova is a frame that is always useful in every situation.

While I agree on the point that Nova is one of the most useful frames in the game, it is hard to say that she's "versatile". Because she usually helps teammates to do the job, not does it herself. Nova being effective in solo or carrying the team is much more of a question of the player's personal skills and equipment's power, than of the frame's abilities.

i myself like to use vauban for everything because he can always take care of groups and is kinda usefull sometimes with some good weapons he can be the best for solo but yea oberon is also good for solo because he can self heal all the time

On 02/03/2016 at 5:01 PM, SatelliteStrike said:

How bout zephyr? Bullets can't touch you so you can go melee to, fast and has a fun cc. She and wukong any good? 

Dusted Zephyr off and been rocking her for about a month. It amazes me how good and versatile this frame really is.

But, I think it's an expensive frame and I still need to drop a few formas to make it even better.

And honestly, I still take Loki for Spy missions because I struggle a bit without invisibility.

Edited by (PS4)deadbeef001

On 2 March 2016 at 1:00 PM, ----Fenrir---- said:
  • Excalibur
  • Frost
  • Rhino
  • Loki

Those 4 are among the most versatile frames in the game and each of them can run pretty much run any mission type and be useful. Each of them is also equally useful for solo and team play. They are also all 4 part of the meta and frequently requested in recruitment chat.

Just be warned that of those 4 Loki requires the most mods and probably also knowledge of game mechanics to work well.

loki really isn't that complicated, like, at all

I'm biased but I'm putting my vote for Excalibur. As a starter frame he's super friendly and he continues to be your friend to end-game content. 

There's a reason his parts drop in Pluto even though he's a starter frame. ;)

The two warframes which come to mind would be Banshee and Trinity.

If you play duration trinity you'll be rather tanky with link, be able to get energy back with energy vampire (assuming you kill the target you use energy vampire on, otherwise you'll be waiting a while before you can actually get any energy), heal with blessing, and long single target cc with pool of life/energy vampire. There's also the aspect that pretty much any team will be happy to have you as a trinity.

Banshee is my current go to as an all-rounder frame. Her 1 (sonic boom) functions as strong close range cc (ragdolls everything in a cone in front of your warframe), which (assuming you have the augment equipped) also strips ~70% armour (depending on  mods - if you have at least 142% power strength - so rank 8 transient fortitude or intensify + power drift, you'll have 100% armour strip). Sonar reveals all nearby enemies on the map, as well as putting a massive target which does ~5 times damage when you shoot it; add the augment and you'll be spreading it for the remaining duration to all nearby enemies. Silence stuns all enemies who enter its range for a few seconds, makes your weapons silent, and, should you have the augment for it equipped, causes enemies affected by it to take 300% finisher damage (not to mention opening enemies up to finisher attacks during the initial stun). Her ultimate can lock down an entire map, assuming you have the range. While it certainly takes an absurd quantity of energy to maintain, and is, for the most part, useless in solo play (if you're in a situation where sound quake is useful during solo play, sonic boom or silence will probably do the job more safely or quickly), it is excellent for giving allies opportunity to revive someone in an awkward location, as all nearby enemies will be continuously staggered for the duration.

While writing, Nyx also came to mind as a warframe which technically fit your criteria (assuming you go with a chaos build). Her strong crowd control allows her to be an asset in any difficult mission (though, if you're running lower level missions, chaos and such will only slow down the process, therefore making you an annoyance to the group, rather than an asset), which will allow you run around the map using melee or guns to your heart's content.

While there are certainly warframes that will be able to work in any mission (well, even - Banshee and Trinity are an excellent addition to most groups), it is better (as repeatedly recommended to you), to collect all of the warframes, as most missions have a specific warframe that would fit into a situation better than an all-rounder (even limbo - rescue missions). Furthermore, since you're asking about best all-rounder, you have yet to graduate from grindframe over to fashionframe, so the goal of farming up warframes is still very much a part of your game. In that spirit - go forth and FARM!!!!!!!! (and have fun - I think that's something that I'm supposed to advise)

Support all people who said "Loki". Very flexible. Maybe there are more "efficient" frames to do a certain mission types, but they can't be good for everything.

I'll just separate the mission types over his 2 builds:

Invisibility (maxed duration and energy efficency): Assasination, Capture, Deception, Rescue, Sabotage, Spy;

Radial disarm (maxed radius and efficiency, some duration to stealth out of tricky situations): Defense, Excavation, Interception, Mobile Defense, Survival.

Both builds are viable for Extermination.

Plus, disarm build is really cheap to max out, requires only 2 corrupted mods.