The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I kind of need a critique on my Loki build.

Lanris

Question

Before anyone says it... No, I don't have a Loki yet. I plan to get one though.

Ok so I was thinking of building a loki (or loki prime) and was wondering

am I even doing this right? Tell me if I'm doing something wrong,

cause I dunno if I should just dump everything to disarm or invis maximization. Or go with a Temjin build.

Here's the ideal build I had in mind:

RkMQDs6.png

2 hours ago, shengar said:

Rank 6 Narrow Minded with maxed Overextended goes very well on giving you both duration for invis and area for disarm. Sure the invis duration isn't forever, but 30+ seconds is more than enough and with invis you can go into the middle of the mob to cast Radial Disarm safely. 

You don't have 30 second duration using a rank 6 Narrow minded.  You can barely hit 30 with a maxed duration build.

The whole point of making 2 builds is that you won't be using a Jack build with a group.  You'll want a disarm build.  You won't be using disarm very often in solo, so you'll want an invis build.

Jack builds are inefficient when compared with what you can do with focused builds.  That's why everyone is suggesting you focus on one or the other, especially since focusing on one neuters the other.

On 3/2/2016 at 11:32 AM, Lanris said:

As Loki, would 1.40 mobility be really not enough?
I am currently using Valkyr with Rush at 1.43 move speed... and I find it horrifyingly fast.

(that is at least compared to the frame I love to use: Rhino and Banshee)

Once you start getting into 1.8+ sprint speed, you'll be moving so fast that you could literally spring as fast as a regular Warframe bullet-jumping. Obviously, you can bullet-jump, but not being necessarily required to do so to keep up with the team is rather helpful at times.

On 3/3/2016 at 1:49 AM, ChaoticVice777 said:

Once you start getting into 1.8+ sprint speed, you'll be moving so fast that you could literally spring as fast as a regular Warframe bullet-jumping. Obviously, you can bullet-jump, but not being necessarily required to do so to keep up with the team is rather helpful at times.

I see.

Ermm, do you have an idea if RD alerts stuff when you use it while using invis?

2 hours ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

That is not true at all. It's best to have 3 builds for Loki.

1) Maxed out invisibility for solo and spy missions

2) Maxed out range ID build for defense missions and similar when you can hide behind Frost's globe

3) A build able to do both for running non-camping survivals and stuff like that

The third build is what I use the most since it's on the first build slot and I'm usually to lazy to switch. My Build has nearly 200% power range Disarm + ID Augment as well as 24 secs invisibility + maced out power efficiency (175%).

Warframe_x64_2016_02_29_07_39_06_232.png

^I like the sound of the third build. I honestly think that Power Strength has absolutely no use for Loki but why the need for such high duration?
Also, aren't you kind of soft? Don't you bend over when you get hit by a stray missile or something?

12 minutes ago, Lanris said:

^I like the sound of the third build. I honestly think that Power Strength has absolutely no use for Loki but why the need for such high duration?
Also, aren't you kind of soft? Don't you bend over when you get hit by a stray missile or something?

Higher duration because having to re-cast invisibility too often gets annoying. Also you can not just re-fresh invis, you have to wait for the timer to run out and each time that happens there is a chance of bad things happening to you^^ And Irradiating Disarm is also duration based.

And yes, you are soft. But then there is little you can do to make Loki not soft. In T4 or with enemies around level 100 and beyond he goes down in one hit no matter what you do. Making defensive mods a waste. Your real defense is invisibility, and this build has enough duration and the power efficiency required to basically be invisible at all times.

I see. ok thanks.
Was thinking QT would help since I bring S#&$ tons of energy packs. (I don't run without em, they're like emergency life savers.)

Then again I like the sound of living dangerously.

On that note, is there no "this question is answered" button around?

With all my posts, it's either buried and forgotten or I do I just unfollow this thread?
I am practically new, so new I'm bothered if I'm being a bother.

4 hours ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

2) Maxed out range ID build for defense missions and similar when you can hide behind Frost's globe

3) A build able to do both for running non-camping survivals and stuff like that

The third build is what I use the most since it's on the first build slot and I'm usually to lazy to switch. My Build has nearly 200% power range Disarm + ID Augment as well as 24 secs invisibility + maced out power efficiency (175%)

It is actually very true.  Jack builds are less efficient than focused builds and you won't have 30 seconds of invisibility without maxed duration.  That's simply a fact.

You basically advised him to do exactly what I did in my first post and have a variety of builds.  The only difference between the two is you provided a 3rd jack build that I don't care to run.  I provided him with the two most efficient options : And invis build with max duration for 30+ seconds, and a Disarm build with max strength and some duration for team play.

You'll also find that maxing efficiency on him is actually a mixed bag unless you have his Arcane helmet because using Fleeting will affect your duration.  

On 3/5/2016 at 3:48 AM, Lanris said:

I see.

Ermm, do you have an idea if RD alerts stuff when you use it while using invis?

Radial Disarm does not alert anyone while using Invisibility, even with the Augment.

On 3/5/2016 at 0:48 PM, (PS4)horridhal said:

It is actually very true.  Jack builds are less efficient than focused builds and you won't have 30 seconds of invisibility without maxed duration.  That's simply a fact.

You basically advised him to do exactly what I did in my first post and have a variety of builds.  The only difference between the two is you provided a 3rd jack build that I don't care to run.  I provided him with the two most efficient options : And invis build with max duration for 30+ seconds, and a Disarm build with max strength and some duration for team play.

You'll also find that maxing efficiency on him is actually a mixed bag unless you have his Arcane helmet because using Fleeting will affect your duration.  

That's correct; thanks to the Arcane Essence Helmet (adds 15% additional power efficiency in exchange for -5% armor), a maxed Fleeting allows me to hit the power efficiency cap, and I'll gladly lose 6 seconds of Invisibility for the ability to cast it for only 12.5 energy. Furthermore, it also means that Energy Siphon can allow me to full regenerate and even let me gain overall net energy even with Invisibility.

Honestly, I only ever use the full Invisibility build if I were to fight solo. Heck, most of the solo missions involve me rushing through the mission, so stacking on all the speed helps. It's honestly hilarious how high you can stack Loki's speed; with Rush, Armored Agility, Speed Drift, and Sprint Boost, I can get up to 2.06 sprint speed. As a side note, Stealth Drift's parkour boosts might allow for better movement with Parkour 2.0, even with giving up Speed Drift.

On 3/5/2016 at 2:40 PM, ----Fenrir---- said:

I agree, as I've said, three builds. 

As for your build, imo it's not ...optimized fully. You have very high EFF and p. flow - it's redundant, squeeze in QT to make all that energy useful and you bit more resilient. If not - go with vitality, one defensive slot loki can sacrifice. if you insist on 175% EFF and no QT you don't need flow at all then. Also, cunning drift is kinda useless too imo. Intruder for spy loki, handspring for combat. Enemy sense for cc. Also, fleeting streamline combo could be better, use full streamline and 3/5 fleeting. 

On 3.3.2016 at 5:06 PM, (PS4)horridhal said:

You don't have 30 second duration using a rank 6 Narrow minded.  You can barely hit 30 with a maxed duration build.

The whole point of making 2 builds is that you won't be using a Jack build with a group.  You'll want a disarm build.  You won't be using disarm very often in solo, so you'll want an invis build.

Jack builds are inefficient when compared with what you can do with focused builds.  That's why everyone is suggesting you focus on one or the other, especially since focusing on one neuters the other.

The third build is what I use the most since it's on the first build slot and I'm usually to lazy to switch. My Build has nearly 200% power range Disarm + ID Augment as well as 24 secs invisibility + maced out power efficiency (175%).

Warframe_x64_2016_02_29_07_39_06_232.png