Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I CANT DECIDE :(

(XBOX)GuardianSpirit1

You don't really need ammo mutations, just bring in a couple of ammo restores and stuff (maybe). I personally use the soma prime more because it has a higher dps and itdoesn't require charging up to fire but instead a short wind up time.

For a build just add serration, split chamber, some elemental or crit mods and some other stuff.

7 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

You don't really need ammo mutations, just bring in a couple of ammo restores and stuff (maybe). I personally use the soma prime more because it has a higher dps and itdoesn't require charging up to fire but instead a short wind up time.

For a build just add serration, split chamber, some elemental or crit mods and some other stuff.

thanks dude

Depends on your warframe and the situation,

A simple and quick example would be Excalibur blind build, you can use either one, everyone is just easy target that's just standing there waiting to be executed.

Another example, if you are using Ivara, and you are good with headshot and put a hush mod on the Soma Prime, the numbers are quite nice. The Dread in this case doesn't need the Hush mod and works extremely well with Ivara. 

So it basically is about how you want to play out, I don't see the reason to pick one, I have both and I play with them whenever I feel like it.

however the cold hard truth is that Soma Prime can deal with situations that the dread cannot to deal with, but yes it does suffer ammo problem in a long solo run. I would recommend using ammo recovery rather than wasting a modding slot for that issue since the problem isn't as heavy as Grakata level.

Situtaions like nulers, your dread will make you dread for sure if you are at long survs, but the Soma Prime can easily pop that bubble.

Also some crowd situations aren't suitable for line-aoe shots, that's another situation the Soma Prime will be better than the Dread.

I'm not going to share any builds, because I personally HATE the idea of generalizing builds, I like people customize their own builds and build it the way they want. A weapon that you feel better with is ALWAYS better than weapon that's statistically better. For example, everyone is trying to speed up Soma Prime's attack speed, but I go with a Critical Delay mainly for the attack speed reduction. So, try to give both weapons more time and explore your likes and needs. You don't need recommendations, you need to be patient and let go of your doubts then try them out. 

It's opinion, but my answer is don't doubt a good melee, who cares about max damage anyways, realistically you NEVER need that much damage even in sorties because it's the same base AI, same weapons, same attacks, the only difference is more hp, armor, and damage.

To sum it up whichever feels natural but don't ever do it because ofdamage, it ruins the game and your experience  

If you are mentioning both, you clearly like them. So why not both of them? It takes forma and time to get both done, yes, but in the end it will be very worth it.

As of which you'd take is up to you. They both have pros and cons.

Dread can easily wipe most enemies in a single shot if you take your time to aim properly in for a headshot. Also lined up enemies give bonus kills in one shot, however for overall shooting you are slower, and high numbers of enemies are more difficult to deal with. For this you should also plan on using a Warframe that strengthens the weapon's utility.

Soma is very powerful to say the least and takes on regular enemies in big numbers in little time. So for crowd dealing, it's your go-to instead of the Dread. But it can run out of ammo quickly, and you lower your performance against heavy units by shooting much and not all hits go to the head. As of ammo, use restores. A mod for it is less killing potential.

For both goes somewhat the same. They are crit weapons. Dread gets great benefit of red crits in one hit (2 if multishot), and speed to shoot faster. Soma does as well. But personally I'd recommend to control your speed to not waste ammo and land a lot of head shots. If you have access to the Argon Scope mod, I'd recommend it. Red crits on Soma is something you should always try.

To say shorter:

Dread: Crit based, slow shots, ammo efficent, one-shot-one-kill type of weapon.

Soma: Crit based, rapid shots, ammo ineficcient (use restores), many shots and perfect against crowds.

They are situational and use whatever you find more fun to use. Both excel at their job.