Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tower Keys Drop Way Too Often Now.

Teilzeitgott

This is what it should of been like since update 8.
Void keys should of been common-ish rewards from defenses/other missions but the reaper blade/latron prime receiver the low drop rate it use to be

What? I've done T 3 void raids. Ya know go in get the orikin artifact and get out? I've done several. Maybe it was all just a dream?

I have no idea how.

Based on all the data mined stuff and the experience of my clan, T3 Raids do not exist.

You cannot get them in the void key packs, they aren't on the 'drop' list for them.

They were not, nor are now, on the Endless Defense reward list.

Nor where they on the bonus reward list for the Void itself or Spy/Capture/Raid missions.

Thus..there's no way to get them.

The ONLY T3 Raid I have ever seen/done/etc was ORIGINALLY an Extermination that got turned, by Lotus, into a Raid at the very start.

The problem with those is that they aren't truly Raids. Why do I say this? Raids=Big Time Trail. Exterminations only have the Small Time Trial.

If a T3 Extermination gets turned into a Raid, the map is already generated and thus the time trial is not going to be there.

(yes, Ive spent way to much time on this stuff)

Given Void is supposed to be endgame content and you get T2 void keys mostly from high-level defenses (ie the previous endgame content) the current drop rate is perfectly logical to me.

Edited by Kyte

Then we get Defense Keys Which is the new endgame that we got from the previous endgame from the previous endgame...so then later on after new updates we get more endgame areas from the Tower Defense Void which were the previous endgame

Endgameception

I remember when I originally bought three void packs I got a tower raid 3, just one though. Used it up since I didn't think it was special and was doing runs with friends. But I do agree that the void keys have a semi ridiculous drop rate, out of the 8 defense missions I've done on Xini I've gotten two tier 3 exterminations and six tier 2 keys. I'm not complaining though.

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

edit: for Cypherdiaz and future anyone who gets offended by obvious non offensive replies

This is an attempt at a humorous way of shushing the OP because we all want void keys. 

Edited by DeadlyNerd

Then we get Defense Keys Which is the new endgame that we got from the previous endgame from the previous endgame...so then later on after new updates we get more endgame areas from the Tower Defense Void which were the previous endgame

Endgameception

Mind blown!

Out of 7 defense missions, 5 dropped a void key.

Void is nothing special anymore, which is kind of sad to see..

Given your postcount I'm going to guess you're a recent founder, flush with Plat from your purchase and smug about it. I was there too, months back. Eventually that platinum is going to run out, and if you get your way now half a year later you will be looking at this post, then at your whopping 8 Plat left, and desiring a time machine so you can go back and strangle yourself before you posted it.

Also, more importantly, the actual datamined drop chance by the guy whose numbers DE_Steve said were good is 33% on Xini. 3% for a T3 Exterminate, 15% for a T2 Raid, 15% for a T2 Exterminate. Not exactly 'all the time' as you exaggerate. So yes, the previous grind endgame unlocks the current most interesting levels about a third of the time. Not unreasonable or undesirable.

Yes, it means the Void is  'nothing special' and it should never have been unless it was some kind of super-secret bonus area. Given that there are going to be Void defense missions and other content additions to the Void, that the Orokin play a major role in the backstory, and if/when the whole Codex/backstory update hits I'm betting the Void will vomit out the most backstory (due to being, you know, the repository of Secret Orokin Knowledge And Bling), if you want to know everything happening ingame you will want to access the Void.

If the Void was some sort of endless challenge dungeon where you could only get cosmetic items or joke items (after beating a Lv200 Void mission you get an Excalibur skin that looks just like DarkSector's Hayden Tenno!) then you might have something resembling an argument (except in that case it should probably be difficulty-locked, not RNG-locked).