Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum Too Expensive. Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly Subscription Plans. Bonus Area Content. Free To Play Incentives.

permacore

Personally I think the cost of platinum is, and some of the packages available are ghastly.

I think the better option for players and for the company is periodic recurring payment plans. This provides the company with much better earnings projections and income stability - ask any charity, they always want people to commit to regular, recurring donations rather than one-offs.

Also for the money, the amount of platinum and bonuses should be improved.

I also think that bonuses should be access to other systems/areas in which the chance for reward is greater (and more challenging perhaps to encourage players to work together and build clans).

Further to that, I think free to players should be encouraged to contribute to the community in some way, since they add value by doing so. Perhaps they could be rewarded by promoting Warframe and recruiting more players.

Also a cheap subscription plan, like $5 a month, would likely be enticing to some free to players who would otherwise pay nothing.

Personally I think the cost of platinum is, and some of the packages available are ghastly.

I think the better option for players and for the company is periodic recurring payment plans. This provides the company with much better earnings projections and income stability - ask any charity, they always want people to commit to regular, recurring donations rather than one-offs.

I also think that bonuses should be access to other systems/areas in which the chance for reward is greater (and more challenging perhaps to encourage players to work together and build clans).

Further to that, I think free to players should be encouraged to contribute to the community in some way, since they add value by doing so. Perhaps they could be rewarded by promoting Warframe and recruiting more players.

Also a cheap subscription plan, like $5 a month, would likely be enticing to some free to players who would otherwise pay nothing.

Subscription based for access to other systems and areas is promoting pay2win no ?

Especially if such areas gave better exp, loot drops yada yada and DE has to do that, because otherwise no one will be bothered to go such areas when considering that payers are often far fewer than non-payers.

What would you want to spend platinium for? items? gear? farm it! prices are good as they are now :)

Since you basicly buys platinium because you are 2 lazy to farm it yourself.

more warframe slots? weapon slots? spend 5 usd and you get a new spot and you can do that once a month, so you got 1 month to train and learn the warframe or buy 2 weapon slots and get to know them :)

This game would die quickly if that happened. Faster than if they gave Steve his posting privileges back.

Platinum is overpriced though.

This has been brought up since people realized you had to spend $20 for a single Warframe. I get that DE can't build a game and put food on the table purely on the good will of satisfied video gamers, but do they even know who they are competiting with? I can buy a $10 or $30 pack (where is the $15 and $20?) of platinum to spend on a Warframe, maybe a cheaper frame and a gun, or I can spend it at Amazon, Steam, GMG, etc on a full AAA release that came out 3 weeks ago.

I want to spend money on this game but the value just isn't there right now.

You do realize that subscription based games are suffering hard right now and that micro-transaction games are winning in the money field.

Fact is, most do not want to PAY all the time, they want to PAY for what they care for.

I have donated 100 to the founder's pack. I have what I want, I do not have what does not interest me.

Yes buying a warframe is expensive..ish. They could add in a 1day Affinity Booster but they already add in a Reactor.

Personally I never buy a warframe. I get the parts, let them build at normal speed, and then rush the final build for 50 plat, then buy a reactor. 70 Plat and its all done.

You are not PAYING for ACCESS to something. You are PAYING to get QUICKER ACCESS to something.

A Pay2Win game forces you to Pay to Access features. All features you can get in Warframe can be gotten for NON-Pay methods. (EXCEPT for the purely cosmetic items like color trays and stuff to add on to your sentinel.)

Now then, the exchange rate is theirs to set and while it does seem a bit whacky, they are aware of it and have said as much. What they, the devs, do from here is their call.

Do I think there should be a recruitment BENEFIT? Absolutely! Maybe it could be for everyone person you recruit that puts money into the game (Buying Plat or Founders), maybe you should get either A)Free 3 Day Affinity Booster B)Free Reactor & Catalyst C)Free Color Palet of your choosing. THAT would be giving incentive properly. You cannot expect them to give you ANYTHING by just bringing people in, its a business pal.

This game would die quickly if that happened. Faster than if they gave Steve his posting privileges back.

Platinum is overpriced though.

Steve posts and his posts have been giving us much needed communication with the dev team so bite your tongue on that.

Figuring out the right BALANCE of plat to cash is an issue that they have said they are aware of. What they do from here is anyone's guess but understand the DEVS have LITTLE say in it. They build the game, the financial department chooses the plat to cash exchange rate.

This has been brought up since people realized you had to spend $20 for a single Warframe. I get that DE can't build a game and put food on the table purely on the good will of satisfied video gamers, but do they even know who they are competiting with? I can buy a $10 or $30 pack (where is the $15 and $20?) of platinum to spend on a Warframe, maybe a cheaper frame and a gun, or I can spend it at Amazon, Steam, GMG, etc on a full AAA release that came out 3 weeks ago.

I want to spend money on this game but the value just isn't there right now.

Sigh.

You don't need to spend that to get a warframe. IF you spend that to get a warframe you are spending cash on your own damn impatience.

Farm the pieces, build the pieces. Buy the final master print, rush the build for 50 plat. Buy a reactor for 20 plat. Looky there..70 Plat. Or you could reduce it to 20 Plat if you want to wait 3 days. That means there are 3 Levels of Impatience.

1)Cough up the 225+Plat for a Frame to get it NOW with Reactor

2)Cough up the 70 Plat to get a Frame in 12hrs after farming up the prints, plus a reactor.

3)Cough up 20 plat for a reactor after waiting for the frame to build on its own.

Have a few guys cooking up frames at the slow rate right now, even a GrandMaster whom could easily afford to buy it. Why? Cause they aren't impatient. You are being charged for your impatience, and that is no fault of DE's.

As for your quip about the value not being there. Remind me to never employ you as my banker, your sense of where value is off-kilter.

First, I think there does need to be a SLIDING buy option. Meaning that I can buy 5,10,15,20,30,40,50 worth of plat instead of the few options they have now.

Second, id love an option that doesn't have me paying cash for a damned thunderbolt (have one maxed, fuse the others i get into Redirection).

Third, please realize that 95% of the crap for plat is either COSMETIC or you are simply paying for your impatience and for that I have no sympathy.

I do think the color palets should be lowered in price to maybe 50 instead of 75. The forma needs to drop to 10 for what it gives you compared to a Reactor/Catalyst. That is really it though.

Edited by Cypherdiaz

I'm gonna be honest: I probably wouldn't play this game if there was a subscription option that mirrored other F2P games.

I was just today having a conversation with a friend of mine about this game where we were talking about how well this game was doing with their money model.

The point at which I, and many other people who still view F2P as lesser quality (which is actually a pretty enormous group of the population of people who play video games), quit playing a F2P game is when you feel like you have to pay money to play.

That's not free to play. Spending money should be for convenience. There should never be an advantage given to players because they pay money.

There's a name for something that gives you less than the full game for free.

It's called a demo.

I'm gonna be honest: I probably wouldn't play this game if there was a subscription option that mirrored other F2P games.

I was just today having a conversation with a friend of mine about this game where we were talking about how well this game was doing with their money model.

The point at which I, and many other people who still view F2P as lesser quality (which is actually a pretty enormous group of the population of people who play video games), quit playing a F2P game is when you feel like you have to pay money to play.

That's not free to play. Spending money should be for convenience. There should never be an advantage given to players because they pay money.

There's a name for something that gives you less than the full game for free.

It's called a demo.

Well said.

The only things that force people to spend money are cosmetic things, but meh, and impatience. I do love how they blame DE for making them spend money on their own impatience. Time to pay for the sin I guess.

And honestly this game's Patience/Impatience curve (Time it takes to get something without real money/cost of using real money) is nothing. Ever tried PlanetSide2? Ahahhahah. 5 Bucks for a gun or 100hrs of play. No joke. They forced you to pay or be behind the curve. And then they'd break that gun, bring out a new gun, and the process repeats.