Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nothing Left To Do.

TerraLupus

so the key difference between f2p and box games are:

Box Games(BG) have a larger upfront cost (f2p = 0$ BG = 50$-70$) but don't bother you throughout the game asking for money in exchange for more game content (with the exception of expansions, but that's not really ingame) I like to think of Smash Bros melee as a good example of a BG that has insane replay value ( read thousands of hours)

Free to Play(f2p) games don't have a upfront cost (0$) but always have a "premium" currency that can only be bought with real life money. this currency(platinum) is used to purchase game content that has been withheld from the "free world". This game content is usually cosmetic or asthetic stuff (color, skins, accessories, etc) as well as for reducing counters( foundry crafting timers, revive timers, frames from the market and that stuff). OCCASIONALLY this game content can be actual gameplay devices or mechanics (potatoes forma, void keys) and while it is true that sometimes these things become available in game they are mainly acquired using money. 

tl;dr

so basicly f2p are cheaper at start but BG don't nag or restrict you in game at all (with the trade off being larger upfront costs)

personally I limit myself to 60$ in a f2p game and I can only buy after I've played for at least 2-3 weeks.

Edited by CelsiusPrime

Once you grow up you'll see value in supporting the creators of something you enjoy.

If the thought of supporting an F2P game rustles your jimmies, there's always another $60 (+$100 in map packs) cowadooty clone around the corner for you.

well old man what are you doing in a 16+ game? your a bit out of place open your eyes man...

"FREE" to play 

English 101 grandpa

Free 

adverb

without cost or payment

maybe if you actually attended idk grade school I wouldn't be explaining this to you.

F2P games have never claimed to give you all the content for free. Making and maintaining a game takes money, and all F2P games exist at least in part to make money. Fact of the matter is that this is a pretty good example of how to do an F2P game.

I do agree that there needs to be a way for people who do not pay to get more slots. I like the mastery idea, maybe 1 warframe slot every even Mastery level and 2 Weapon slots every odd one?.

However, they allow you to get either 2 Warframe slots, 1 Warframe 4 Weapon, or 8 weapon slots with just the starter plat. If you spent that on the wrong things I do not feel sorry for you. There is enough information online, threads specifically on what to do with starter plat for that matter, that it should not be an issue.

the word your looking for Is DEMO

or Free to "TRY"

the English lesson above might help.

and no FireFall is a good example of how to do F2P. NOTHING can be bought that cant be earned other than cosmetic items, but hey they made a killing on founders packs and they still sell cosmetic items by the dozen's not to mention exp items, those bikes, the dance torches, and all that junk. The crafting time in firefall is reasonable and you know why people are willing to speed up the much shorter craft time with premium currency? Cus they don't feel bullied into buying it for EVERYTHING. In the time I can build one frame in warframe I can buy 3 in firefall.

And heres the closer Firefall is rated higher than warframe.

why am I talking about Firefall on a warframe forum, its A hell of a competitor And if the devs here ignore that then its going to demolish warframe in the long run.

firefall is entering open beta this week

But the whole point of going to F2P games is, again, to TRY IT FIRST

No thats the whole point of Lying about your payment model. Your confusing Free to "TRY" and Free to "PLAY"

Demo demo demo demo demo demo read this line 100 times for me

bask in this word Let it sink in that is what you are suggesting.... not a Free to Play game 

I wont be replying after this The as the majority of the elitist's on the forums make me feel like preforming a high dive into solid concrete so that I might be able to communicate on a equal level with them.  I can tell 90% of the comment's about financial gain on the dev's part are from people with no education whatsoever in that field.

As I said I'm through, I'll simply hope the dev team has a better understanding of economics than the average forum troll. but I got better things to do than feed the trolls further

Edited by TerraLupus

As a free to play member you have access to all the game's content. You're only limited by the amount you can access at any one time. You are forced to choose between what weapons and frames you want to have, but you can chose any weapon or frame in the game. It's incredibly fair as F2P goes. There's nothing you can't have.

You just can't have everything for free.

If you could have everything for free, then no one would ever pay anything for this game.

accessible and achievable are two very different things

As a free to play member you have access to all the game's content. You're only limited by the amount you can access at any one time. You are forced to choose between what weapons and frames you want to have, but you can chose any weapon or frame in the game. It's incredibly fair as F2P goes. There's nothing you can't have.

You just can't have everything for free.

If you could have everything for free, then no one would ever pay anything for this game.

See? you are doing it once again. I got plat just last week, because I had the chance. I am not like you seem to think every person that gets plat is. Had the money, there was a discount, the game seemed awesome and very promising after a month of playing. It was then when I even CONSIDERED to get plat; which, after a few days of thinking, I did. I was completely free the rest of the time. I WAS on that boat, like it or not (get it on your head once and for all and stop looking for excuses). I do know what is to be free, and yes, i know what it feels like. As for the rest of the argument, you are blindly accusing of random things and putting more bad excuses everywhere. Are you really telling me to play more free games and see? are you serious? Try Tera, or Vindictus, just to name 2. You are limited in a lot of ways, including character slots. Tera is TWO character slots and has a lot of classes. See where i am going, right? Here you can get nearly everything for free as long as you get those bp on the alerts (which is a bit troublesome, yes I grant you that). The only thing you can never find around are just slots and cosmetic things, on this case colors.

I don't know how long have you been playing this game, but as far as I go, the only thing that I have ever bought in the game is, ironically, slots for both weapons and warframes. I would like to know how did you get Vauban being free. I have been hunting for its parts since it was released and I am still missing a part (There could be probably been given already and missed it, I don't know). Reactors? Got none. Catalysts? 2 that got recently on alerts.

Oh, and yes, I normally stick to what I like. Once I got Nyx and played it a bit, I really liked it and haven't used any other anymore, which is kind of sad actually. I do, however, like to try everything possible; reason for which, when I was still a completely free player, I had to sell many weapons I thought they were either not of my liking or that I had something better that would replace it.

I know you wont stop complaining even though you are being swarmed with examples and logic arguments, you will just look for a tiny hole on anything and come up with some other excuse, blame some thing, and keep at it. After reading this, I have realized that that there is no logical argument you will listen to, you are just someone immature enough to go whining around until you get what you want (that or you are successfully trolling around). I say that because I have read some posts which make quite a lot of sense, but you just dismiss them by saying something else, which even though related, it is not a very strong counter argument, yet you use it as the absolute truth. Keep at it and even those who might have supported your argument will give you their back.

It's posts like these that make me wonder why we even dropped the weapon tree system.

Somehow it's unethical and bad practice to lock players out of end-game content through potatos but it's ok to lock players out of overall content through slots.

Just how are you locked out of end game content? You can get every weapon and frame in the game, a chance for free potatoes every day, and one guaranteed potato alert each week after the live stream.

No thats the whole point of Lying about your payment model. Your confusing Free to "TRY" and Free to "PLAY"

bask in this word Let it sink in that is what you are suggesting.... not a Free to Play game 

I wont be replying after this The as the majority of the elitist's on the forums make me feel like preforming a high dive into solid concrete so that I might be able to communicate on a equal level with them.  I can tell 90% of the comment's about financial gain on the dev's part are from people with no education whatsoever in that field.

As I said I'm through, I'll simply hope the dev team has a better understanding of economics than the average forum troll. but I got better things to do than feed the trolls further

You're full of crap.

Sorry, you just are.

This game is 100% free to play. Taking my comment about a good F2Play model vs a bad one out of context probably makes you feel clever, but no one is fooled and you know it, that's why you're running away from your own thread.

it's your own choice to stop gaining rank because you don't want to sell your gear to free up slots. Nothing in the games mechanics is forcing you to hold onto old gear. This is entitlement at it's finest.

There is something that has been bugging me and it is my own posts. I think they sound rude and maybe even offensive and that was not my intention, so I wanted to apologize for that. Being a non native english speaker, I might know the literal meaning of the words, but I still have no notion of how 'strong' they are. However, I still support the ideas on my posts, it is just that I think my word choice and the way I used them is terrible at best. I am sorry if they sound rude and/or offensive, that was not my intention.

Edited by HellEnforcer

F2P games have never claimed to give you all the content for free. Making and maintaining a game takes money, and all F2P games exist at least in part to make money. Fact of the matter is that this is a pretty good example of how to do an F2P game.

I do agree that there needs to be a way for people who do not pay to get more slots. I like the mastery idea, maybe 1 warframe slot every even Mastery level and 2 Weapon slots every odd one?.

However, they allow you to get either 2 Warframe slots, 1 Warframe 4 Weapon, or 8 weapon slots with just the starter plat. If you spent that on the wrong things I do not feel sorry for you. There is enough information online, threads specifically on what to do with starter plat for that matter, that it should not be an issue.

when i play a game i should´t have the need to check online to know what i have to do, the game should tell me this.

well old man what are you doing in a 16+ game? your a bit out of place open your eyes man...

"FREE" to play 

English 101 grandpa

Free 

adverb

without cost or payment

maybe if you actually attended idk grade school I wouldn't be explaining this to you.

the word your looking for Is DEMO

or Free to "TRY"

the English lesson above might help.

and no FireFall is a good example of how to do F2P. NOTHING can be bought that cant be earned other than cosmetic items, but hey they made a killing on founders packs and they still sell cosmetic items by the dozen's not to mention exp items, those bikes, the dance torches, and all that junk. The crafting time in firefall is reasonable and you know why people are willing to speed up the much shorter craft time with premium currency? Cus they don't feel bullied into buying it for EVERYTHING. In the time I can build one frame in warframe I can buy 3 in firefall.

And heres the closer Firefall is rated higher than warframe.

why am I talking about Firefall on a warframe forum, its A hell of a competitor And if the devs here ignore that then its going to demolish warframe in the long run.

firefall is entering open beta this week

Sorry man, with your attitude no one who has any influence on the game is going to take you seriously. 

I really hope you do leave and never come back(which I doubt). Your negativity, along with you horrible grammar, are not needed.

I completely understand both sides of the argument here... Before I go into my thoughts, let me just say that this isn't incredibly well thought out. I'm really tired, and I keep getting distracted by other things, so it is not as thought out, formatted, and edited as it should be.

On the one hand, not everybody has that money to spend. Yes, that's right, some people have that little money. I know, I personally have $9 and some loose change to my name right now, and I simply can't afford to spend it on this game. I am also jobless, but that's not for the lack of trying. I simply can't find a job around here, even a cheap, S#&$ty one. Only reason I have internet is because I mooch off of someone else.

To say 'just get rid of one of your frames' doesn't help. Say I have an Excalibur and a Loki. I love both of them because they play in different ways. I'm stuck with getting rid of one style of playing JUST to try out another style. I don't want to have to lose something I love using and put a lot of work into just to try something that I might potentially hate. You can scream to look up information on them all you'd like, but the reality is that there is no good way to really know how something plays until you actually play it. Since in this game there's roughly three different styles of playing, I don't think that three slots to start with is too much to ask.

There was a point mentioned (I don't want to go back and quote it directly, sorry to whoever said it first) that the very low limit pushes potential payers away. I think this was a great point. I get that not everything can just be given away... But if you limit people this severely, they are likely going to go elsewhere and find a game that gives them more to begin with. They will see the generosity and are more likely to return the favor by spending money on that game.

Even if you included a way to earn platinum that is incredibly slow and difficult, it will make players stick around because they WANT that stuff, and it is guaranteed that at least some people who might not have spent money otherwise would break down and purchase platinum to speed things up. Why, you ask? Well, for one, it would make you play much more than you might otherwise, and people are more likely to drop money on games they play all the time rather than games they only spend a few hours on. I've seen it happen in so many free to play games with a system that allows you to earn the ingame currency.

On the other hand, it really isn't that much to purchase more platinum. The developers do need to make money and players purchasing platinum is the way to get it done. Limiting options and having those options purchasable gives reasons to people to spend money.

I had a lot more to say on both sides of the argument, especially the second side of this post, but unfortunately, I have no more time to write it all out. I'm sure that the founders will have more than enough to say on that side of the argument anyway. :D