Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove The "no Rewards" Penalty You Get From Aborting Missions.

Aeshi

That way the Rushers don't have to wait for us non-rushers, us non-rushers don't have to put up with DE's god-awful attempts at crippling movement, and DE doesn't have to do any work coming up with said "fixes!"

It's a win-win-win situation!

Edited by Aeshi

You do realize there are many other threads about this rather idiotic situation right now right?

You do realize what you just suggested would break the game right?

You do realize not having to work for a solution always caused the proposed 'solution' to be piss poor right?

Also, your idea doesn't make much..sense.

Are you suggesting that the slowpokes abort the mission and keep the reward? The hell man. (Oh and btw: im an explorer and a rusher, as the mood suits me, and im hella slowpoke when I am exploring).This is like the same idiocy in schools where ALL KIDS PASS even when some of them need not to and go back to revisit the stuff they obviously aint getting.

You do realize there are many other threads about this rather idiotic situation right now right?

You do realize what you just suggested would break the game right?

You do realize not having to work for a solution always caused the proposed 'solution' to be &!$$ poor right?

Also, your idea doesn't make much..sense.

Are you suggesting that the slowpokes abort the mission and keep the reward? The hell man. (Oh and btw: im an explorer and a rusher, as the mood suits me, and im hella slowpoke when I am exploring).This is like the same idiocy in schools where ALL KIDS PASS even when some of them need not to and go back to revisit the stuff they obviously aint getting.

No I'm suggesting that rushers abort and keep the reward, leaving us non-rushers/"slowpokes" in the group to go at whatever pace we please instead of risking losing it all because we didn't make it to the evac because a rusher or two just ran past all the enemies.

And forgive me if I doubt that it would "break the game" since this WAS possible a while ago, and it never "broke the game" back then.

Edited by Aeshi

They changed it because they felt it broke the pace of the game by leaving in the middle of the match with all your gear, so in DE's eyes, yes. It was broken.

It's quitting a mission before you actually finish it, you're not supposed to be able to get all your gear back. However, if it were possible for players to just rush back to extraction and leave when they liked, that's something that would have both a positive impact on "rushers" (They don't have to wait) and the ones who wish to explore don't have to worry about being hurried along.

And it was bad, which is why devs made penalty for leaving the mission.

Also dont see your point about "slowpoke explorers", if you re at evac - you ll win mission netherless, unless you abandoned your objective, which you shouldnt.

They changed it because they felt it broke the pace of the game by leaving in the middle of the match with all your gear,

And forcing anyone who isn't either playing a fast frame or loaded down with Rush mods (and that second one may not even work if the first group takes said mods as well) to trundle around at a snails pace as they try to get to the evac before the timer ends doesn't?

Just pretend that instead of aborting we're vanishing into the darkness with the stealth Ninjas were actually known for if it bothers you that bad.

Also dont see your point about "slowpoke explorers", if you re at evac - you ll win mission netherless, unless you abandoned your objective, which you shouldnt.

Except that if you're not at the extraction when the timer counts down you get nothing.

Edited by Aeshi

if anything they should change the fact that the non-rushers who actually enjoy to KILL the enemy and not just RUN AWAY from them will lose all the credits that WE picked up on the way, coz the moment the Rushers enter the exfil area and the game ends, THEY get to enjoy all the credits while the ones who picked it up only gets the few cards and ZERO credits.

The game has objective play and you play the objective.

If you like killing all the mans, play extermination missions or endless defense.

Why would anyone go through the trouble of killing all the bros in an exfiltration, deception or sabotage mission boggles my mind.

Why would anyone go through the trouble of killing all the bros in an exfiltration, deception or sabotage mission boggles my mind.

Wow, I never though of it like that! Next level I'll just walk past all those Rollers/Chargers/Scorpions/Shockwave Moas/Railgun Moas that are swarming around me (and they won't be able to stop me because they don't have collision boxes or knockdown/stagger attacks or anything)

Heck, that'd even work on Void Towers! (12 or so mods you'll only find if you take time to explore the map? who cares about those?)

Wow, I never though of it like that! Next level I'll just walk past all those Rollers/Chargers/Scorpions/Shockwave Moas/Railgun Moas that are swarming around me (and they won't be able to stop me because they don't have collision boxes or knockdown/stagger attacks or anything)

Heck, that'd even work on Void Towers! (12 or so mods you'll only find if you take time to explore the map? who cares about those?)

SSStrawman. 61 hit combo.

So you are saying that we should kill every single enemy for those none extermination mission? Like playing hide n seek? 

Well for void the case is different. Exploring does give us an advantage, since there are certain mods that drops there only. But on normal missions... High chances that those extra mods you get are pretty junks... For me, i got all my rare mods from def mission. Normal mission always give me junk mods. 

So you are saying that we should kill every single enemy for those none extermination mission? Like playing hide n seek? 

Well for void the case is different. Exploring does give us an advantage, since there are certain mods that drops there only. But on normal missions... High chances that those extra mods you get are pretty junks... For me, i got all my rare mods from def mission. Normal mission always give me junk mods. 

I got a Flow mod from a 'normal' mission, so it is worth killing every enemy to see if they have anything rare or something you want, and if not extra credits/more mod fusioning for you

I like the idea of not losing stuff because of a disconnect or host migration issue. I also do not see the harm in letting people leave early and keep their stuff. So I am all for reversing the loss of stuff for not completing a mission. I am ever more for the idea of not losing credits if you fail to get to extraction in time, I have started leveling Rhino and, save defense missions, he seems like a bad choice to play due to these things.

However, I understand why these rules were implemented. While I don't see the 'problems' as a problem, DE does. People were leaving earlier, and others were joining online missions, going AFK, and getting the reward. If they made disconnect issues keep your stuff people would fake a disconnect. If you did not need to get to the exit, people would just go AFK again for the reward.

I think there is a better solution out there. The AFK issue can be helped/solved with a report or timer then boot option. Getting people to stay to the end of the mission just needs to make the reward at the end worth staying for. But, for the moment, the solutions they implemented work. At least well enough that they believe they are worth keeping.

Quitting when you getting what you want is simply not the way DE want the game to be played. It generated a lot of topics regarding this issue and most of them ended up became ugly, unproductive Rusher VS Non-rusher topic.

While I see rushing as a legit way to play the game, I don't see keeping loot while quitting midmatch as a legit mechanic. Especially when said player is hosting the session - it's just plainly bad behavior, forcing host migration into your team members which has high chance of losing connection thus losing everything they got from the session. If you're not the host, you should stick with them until the end since your team also help you getting said item. If you can do it alone then you wouldn't need other, would you? You can call them 'slowpoke' but it doesn't change the fact that they do help you fighting through the mission.

While improving host migration should be done by DE, it's easier to be respectful of other players' enjoyment and play with them until the end.

Edited by neKroMancer

The idea of people being able to leave the moment they get to extraction came up before.  It is bad in the sense that it isn't teamwork.  If you leave and your teammates go down behind you, then you of course wouldn't be able to go back and help.  Just because you ignoreed mobs and ran ahead because you want to be done instantly doesn't mean that you should get a bonus for sacrficing teamwork.

There probably is something that could be done to improve the situation, but allowing people to leave early isn't a great idea.  Think of improving and encouraging teamwork, not allowing single people to get whatever they want.

So you guys have forgotten that they did it this way because of the said rushers who just go in an assassination mission to kill the boss and leave immediately after - leaving the rest of the group to fight the oncoming barrage of angry Corpus or Grineer. Why don't we all just go into a mission, kill a boss, get a good drop and abort? Sounds good eh?

We just need more control over our own experience with other people on the game. We get lumped together and people who want to just rush rush and then people who don't want to rush get stuck with rushers and everything else. It just sucks because we get stuck with anyone and everyone and there is no control.

We just need more control over our own experience with other people on the game. We get lumped together and people who want to just rush rush and then people who don't want to rush get stuck with rushers and everything else. It just sucks because we get stuck with anyone and everyone and there is no control.

It's the nature of online mode. You do whatever the majority do. If they rush then you rush, if they explore then you explore. What's the point parking at the extraction and miss all the action/mod/mat?

A good way to deal with this is to create a type of mission which promotes rushing like a timed mission with a reward at the end plus extremely parkour-centric level design. Granted, player who rush may not use it if they want BP from boss but it should relieve some of the problem.

My idea, why not just make it so that people who aren't at extraction don't lose their stuff. Sure it'll result in people staying at the beginning and leave the mission to others just so that they can clear missions, but if you don't run around you won't get CRAP, and that's already kind've a problem. So with this solution explorers won't be penalized if they get stuck with a rusher who forces extraction.