Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Environment Affect The Powers Of Warframes?

AZZEL

For example, when I play as Frost in a mission where the environment is full of ice, should this boost my powers?

And should in return the missions with fire environment weaken my Frost's powers?

The same could happen to Ember, stronger in hot environments, weaker in cold environments.

How could this look?

Maybe give the warframe a special ability which only works in their preferred environment.

The harder part is to weaken the warframe in hostile environment without taking away the fun for people.

It would become a problem when people quit when they see they are in the 'wrong' environment.

How could this work for the other warframes? In which environments could they benefit or suffer?

The balance is important. When done right this could be an enrichment for the gameplay.

Edited by AZZEL

Whenever I get an environmental effect in my missions I just abort and restart.

I'd just do the same thing over and over until I got an effect that I wanted, or one that didn't nerf me.

Now, if they made the levels have differing environmental effects throughout, you may actually see there being a point to it.

Edited by Scyyn

Agreed, the game could use something like this, and Volt's Ultimate proves that this is already possible.

Seems stupid that Frost (a Warframe that's constantly venting COLD AIR) has his shields weakened by cold air.