The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Isnt it about time the Ninja's tools became useful? (Smoke Screen)

AKKILLA

Hello Tenno

How is Update 18.5 going?

I hope everyone is enjoying it, well on topic here.

This has become a pretty popular idea although everyone wants to claim it soo bad and every newly updated Thread about Ash has this idea somewhere in there. I want to narrow this idea out and have all those who really like and support this idea share there feelings towards this and others who may not be familiar give a comprehensive feed back to this concept.

Its actually quiet simple.

SMOKE SCREEN

It has lived in Loki's shadows since the beginning. Here are most of the complaints floating in community. (Not My complaints)

*Lower Duration then Invisibility

*Small mediocre stagger

*Not castable aerially

*Stops you while running/loses momentum of sprints

These are a few of the complaints, I may have missed a few sorry these are what came up in My mind first. Now the proposed QoL I have asked in several threads along with other members in the community who support this idea as well are basically the same, tho interpreted in different ways. Ideally and conceptually is basically the same. I will just post how I see smoke screen could be made better for Ash, and allow our fellow Ninja be a slightly better Ally for his Teammates as well as alone.

Here are the ideas i suggest.

*Same Base/Modded duration for Smoke Screen as currently in Game (Not asking for more duration its fine)

*Add Cloud AoE with range capping at 20ms (Not great with numbers just an idea)

*Cloud Chokes enemies caught inside and opens them up to Finisher Kills (Staggers enemies outside its AoE)

*Opens a window of opportunity for Allies to enter late Smoke Shadow buff (Allies enter AoE receive full duration, even if cloud has 1 sec left)

*Ash/Allies still benefit from invisibility of smoke screen in or outside the clouds AoE for the same duration as now

This is basically a simple QoL to smoke screen adding Real Utility instead of a stagger which is quiet disappointing to consider it an actual CC it would be fantastic to add this to his kit and make him a better Team player. This shouldnt be a Huge AoE hard core CC but a slight CC cloud that allows more finishers, just adds the Badge to Ash as the Finisher Warframe of all Space Ninjas.

Here is a video that may help You visualize the idea being implemented here, while keeping Ashs current smoke screen invis and adding this in

That about sums this simple topic upp I just want to make Note.

I am not in any way asking for Smoke Screen to function like Cloak Arrow. I see it to be a hinderance to Ash camping in a cloud while Ivara has 2 forms of Invisibility and Cloak Arrow can be pinned to allies, companions, etc...

Remember, this is Ash, lethal and elusive.

Not a sitting Duck.

Yes, +1.

The one place where the DEvs missed the mark with SS is in the reality of the device and its application. If you google, "ninja smoke bombs," there will be many vids showing how to make and use them and how they work. If you watch these videos, the thing that they have in common is the reality of the smoke... it lingers and obscures vision through it.

It is in that respect that the DEvs failed the ability and character. I know they didn't want to fully gimp Ash by making his SS not an invisibility (they probably did at first but ended up changing their minds towards the finish), so they took out the reality of the vision effect. That was fine in U7, but now in U18, it needs to be fixed.

I fully support the above changes, as they are mine own, as well.

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

1 minute ago, (PS4)GR13V4NC3 said:

Yes, +1.

The one place where the DEvs missed the mark with SS is in the reality of the device and its application. If you google, "ninja smoke bombs," there will be many vids showing how to make and use them and how they work. If you watch these videos, the thing that they have in common is the reality of the smoke... it lingers and obscures vision through it.

It is in that respect that the DEvs failed the ability and character. I know they didn't want to fully gimp Ash by making his SS not an invisibility (they probably did at first but ended up changing their minds towards the finish), so they took out the reality of the vision effect. That was fine in U7, but now in U18, it needs to be fixed.

I fully support the above changes, as they are mine own, as well.

This community is sad :(

I figured You would always come to the rescue. lol 

Im actually not impressed You would fully agree as I and Koga and Dragonblack and a few others who share You same vision always back each other up to the end :)

I would like to see other members in this community share there regards hopefully agreeing with this concept. Tho this idea will arise again in someone elses thread I will just laugh and post links to our threads to show them we been rooting for SS AoE CC.

Just saying if You didnt comment this thread would sink in the forums as I notice it doing while I comment on other topics as well I keep tabs on my own recently posted.

Guess everyones too busy with Inaros xD

Ash goes back into the Shadows with NO FINISHERS on his Teleport :( Update bugs needa Hotfix ASAP I love Teleport Finishers

C'mon, Scrow?! You know Ima be there.

In all seriousness, these Ash threads keep multiplying and I just keep adding my links into all the new ones,

because I'll be damed if the Devs never see our ideas.

If I had twitter, I would link my page to Steve and Sheldon and everybody, but sadly I do not.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)GR13V4NC3 said:

C'mon, Scrow?! You know Ima be there.

In all seriousness, these Ash threads keep multiplying and I just keep adding my links into all the new ones,

because I'll be damed if the Devs never see our ideas.

If I had twitter, I would link my page to Steve and Sheldon and everybody, but sadly I do not.

https://twitter.com/i/notifications

Feel free to check it out.This was Koga replying to Steve about the Bladestorm rework last year when NY Comic Con happened.

Still no results, Thank God 

5 hours ago, AKKILLA said:

*Opens a window of opportunity for Allies to enter late Smoke Shadow buff (Allies enter AoE receive full duration, even if cloud has 1 sec left)

*Ash/Allies still benefit from invisibility of smoke screen in or outside the clouds AoE for the same duration as now

Yes to this. He should lay down a "cloud mine", basically, and entering it grants invisibility that lingers for 8 seconds after exiting the cloud. Reentering the cloud resets the invisibility's duration. Allies also benefit from the effect by entering the cloud.

Iffy on the other parts, but this suggestion is very good and makes Ash's invisibility feel unique from Loki's or Ivara's without overshadowing them. Absolutely perfect.

Edited by (PS4)BlitzKeir

6 hours ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

Yes to this. He should lay down a "cloud mine", basically, and entering it grants invisibility that lingers for 8 seconds after exiting the cloud. Reentering the cloud resets the invisibility's duration. Allies also benefit from the effect by entering the cloud.

Iffy on the other parts, but this suggestion is very good and makes Ash's invisibility feel unique from Loki's or Ivara's without overshadowing them. Absolutely perfect.

Ty, glad you like