Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uranus Underwater Sound Lag (and temporary work around)

Sajaki

hey guys:

I've been trying to play the Uranus Missions on my pc account, and I'm having great difficulty during the underwater segments of the submersible Archwing missions. 

The issue is that in "busier" (be that environmental or combat) areas while underwater, the client seems to freeze up. This can either be for a few seconds to me having to manually end it's process and restart.

After a few Googles (and aborted missions) I came across a suggestion that the sound was the issue. Having noticed that the sounds underwater, especially during these busier segments become distorted and choppy, it made sense. 

When it happened again, I backed away from the noisy area so the lag stopped, opened my options and dropped the master volume to 0 in the audio settings. This eliminated the lag problem completely. 

It's a work around I know, but it works. It's obviously a sound issue specific to these more frantic underwater moments. 

This was present before the 18.5 update. 

Any word on a fix D.E?

I'll try to play around with the sound settings to see if I can zero it down to a specific set of effects or settings and update when I can. 

Cheers for reading

~Sajaki