The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LF people interested in starting safe space / feminist clan

sotvrna

First things first:
Yes, I'm serious.

If you wandered in here and identify with one or more of the following phrases:

• You believe feminism is a dirty, opressive word that sums up the worst humanity has to offer and you don't like those who support it.
  • You believe all jokes are harmless and can't be offensive or opressive. After all, people nowadays are just way too sensitive.
  • You believe feminism is great, but needs to let men have more influence on it to really work.
  • You don't believe non-binary gender expressions are real.
  • You don't respect transgender identities and will misgender people on purpose.
  • You are a TERF*. 
  • You don't like cats**.

It's okay, I don't hate you. BUT. I respectfully ask you to leave. Like, right now. And please, don't leave a hateful comment on your way out, we don't want this thread locked or turned into an argument about feminism.

-------------------------

Alright, now that that is out of the way, let's get on with the thread.
The idea here is to get together as many like-minded people as possible and build from the ground up a clan capable of offering all the gameplay benefits of any other while maintaining a respectful and open atmosphere where everyone can feel comfortable. Well, everyone except the people from the list above I guess. This is an attempt to create a friendly space for people that would be otherwise uncomfortable or afraid to join another clan, a place where they know they won't be harassed or offended in any way and will have their identities respected. And of course, have fun and meet new people!
Do you like the idea? Do you want to help me on this project? Then just contact me through the forum or in-game, and we can talk about it!

* = Nice TERFs are an exception. If you keep your opinions on trans people to yourself, you're more than welcome here. No one wants to serve the patriarchy by bashing sisters, even if our ideas are divergent. Of course, it goes without saying, respecting pronouns is a MUST.
** = If you are a really, really, REALLY nice person and the other items of the list didn't apply to you, I'll make an exception and let you stay. ^-^

Edited by AntifaHooligan
formatting

inb4 thread lockdown - please, don't promote/encite/bait social hatred on forums.

Warframe is played in many countries, and (surprise, eh?) in some places concepts of feminism, and especially, transgender stuff is not only shunned upon but outright against the law. 

P.S.: Cats are fine, too. 

• 4 weeks later...

I don't really know what a TERF is (I googled it and still havent a clue) and I'm really not good with following all these terms and keeping appropriate pronouns and such straight (My memory is terrible.) Also I hate cats so this counts me out too.

All that being said I wish you luck with the group, I think everyone deserves a friendly safe space to call home in whatever activity they are doing so I hope this takes off :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. Just a quick update on this project:

I know it's been over a month since I posted this and I haven't said anything else about it since, but I wanted to make sure I had the time and resources to start this clan properly. 
So I'm here to announce that the clan is officialy created under the name "Bellicose". We're working on getting the Dojo and research started right now so we can have at least the basic structure ready as soon as possible. If anyone is interested in helping with this early development, let me know. Other than that, I'll create a proper recruitment thread as soon as we are ready.

I'd like to join? I've just been hopping around clans that have grown too large and are just kind of dead now, this seems a bit more relaxed and I supposed civilised? If I'm using the term correctly. Not sure if I qualify though, I fully respect feminism and gender equality but at the end of the day I'll just treat others how they treat me and act on what I feel is right. So yeah! If thats cool I'd like to join, just looking for a nice environment <3

Edit: Just a side note for the "HD" in my name. . . Yeah that was a dark time lets just leave it at that. It's better to spend that 200pl on fashion frame or slots. . .

Edited by SkyfaHD

You have an interesting concept and I like it:). Would you be interested in creating an alliance?. I would offer you to join my clan but it seems I am too late lol. Is there any way of contacting you in game? Or can I assume its AntifaHooligan?