The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could be obvious but.. XP gained from hysteria?

Mallowpuff

Question

Alright, so I just used my first forma on War, and decided to try draco so I don't have to go through as much when leveling it back to 30. Well, me being MR5 with not the largest choice of great warframes yet, I kinda have to use Valkyr's hysteria the whole round. Now I'm not really killing much, mostly just reviving and capping so I understand not getting tons of xp, I actually just find it fun to run around invincible, reviving everyone.

But anyway, I come back after 2 waves, and Strun has gone up 15 levels, Furis, a bunch of levels, but War got 600xp. Like a 1/100th of a level.

Now, I'm perfectly fine not being able to use draco to level it up, I'd just like to know why it doesn't work?

Sorry if it's been answered. And thanks for answers!

6 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Lesserli said:

With Hysteria you get a special pair of claws that replace your normal melee weapon so the few xp you collected were gained when you didn't use your ultimate.

I know that.. e.o

My question is why everything but war did get XP, and lots of it.

4 minutes ago, DeltaPhantom said:

This also affects lenses on your melee. It it's not a bug, someone's head needs to roll.

Errr sorry for being so new but I'm not sure what you mean here..

Sorry again guys.. I probably should just have went with doing low level missions, my guess is that it's just something I don't understand haha....

Don't worry about the lens thing, it's part of a system made available after a later-game quest.

What Lesserli was getting at was that your claws sort-of 'take over' your melee slot, so shared xp that would be going to your War end up going to the claws instead. (Which means it's completely wasted, because the claws aren't a proper weapon that you level up.)

Edited by DeltaPhantom