The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weird problem / FPS drop /lag?

RakuyoExcelsior

Question

I've had a weird kind of "FPS" drop lately, maybe since the last update. I put FPS in quotes because it doesn't look like a FPS drop, rather the game works in short bursts so to speak. Like 1 second of normal FPS, then pause, then another bit of normal FPS. Not sure how to explain it.

It seems to be tied with the recent update but I can't be sure, because earlier today I ran a t1 survival, just me and my bf. Both from the same country, same city. I had no problems at all. The whole tileset and mission, spawns, everything was normal.

Later today I ran another t1 survival, with some of the clan mates. Everything was in order until the last member joined, and he apparently was literally from the other side of the planet. The "FPS" dropped instantly and it stayed low for the rest of the game. Changing display options had no effect, the game continued to run poor. Whether it was on max settings on lowest setting, the game ran the same way and had the same lag. It was also weird because the "FPS" dropped only when it wanted. Some rooms repeat in certain tilesets, and in the last t1 survival, I had this weird lag in one room, and in another copy of the same room everything was smooth again, so I have no idea what causes this or how to replicate this.

I think it may be related to connection issues but I'm also not sure, because I ran more than one mission since this update. Like I said, I did t1 survival before merely a few hours ago, so I'm not sure what changed since other than playing with different people in squad.

But my questions are, did anyone else experience this problem? Is it fixable? Would I have to stop playing with my friends across the seas due to connection issues even though they themselves did not have this problem? Since they didn't have the problem, then it's something on my end and I want to fix it asap.

Edited by RakuyoExcelsior

1 answer to this question