The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros build questions

(PSN)inVECTion666

Question

I just got Nekros, I'm pretty new to warframe. This is my second frame. Is he really only useful in survival and for farming? I'm building Rhino, and buying Nezha when I get paid. (Inaros as soon as the update hits console) anyways, any build tips? I've heard to focus on desecrate.photo.php?fbid=1140148752663611&id=10000

7 answers to this question

Only time you'll need to run a desecrate build is when you're farming resources, at this point in time if you find yourself needing a Nekros for any survivals less than 60+min, you're probably ill prepared for it.

I recommend just running a shadow build unless you're farming resources, you'll have good survivability and probably enjoy the frame more so.

Desecrate is a cool power.   My advice is to NOT fool with the health burning faction mod -- its moot with focus.  Instead, consider getting your zen focus up for the power/sec regen bonus and use that to farm.   Saves a mod, saves damaging yourself,  just as spamtastic.  Most folks use a slash weapon with desecrate to make more body parts as each part can be looted so more pieces are good esp on bosses/assassins/etc.  

Nekro's  4th power really shines.   It scales with mob level, so if you can kill it, you can raise it.    A little issue in single faction runs as most single faction enemy are strong against their own weapons -- that is, grineer are not typically loaded up with puncture and corpus are not typically loaded up with impact...

If you want a faction mod, punch-rez is a nice group utility power.

Hes kind of meh outside of farming, to me.  

i've been having fun with nekro lately.  Despoil, which is a faction mod is a lot of fun, because if you're desecrating, you get a ton of health anyway.  Paired with equilibrium, you have an unlimited pool of health and energy for shadows, if you can kill consistently.  

This combo turns nekro into a bit of a tank in moderate level survival and farming missions.  

I have health maxed with vitality mods and power efficiency very high, btw.  

Nekros is my main frame and here is my build:

Aura - Physique (just haven't felt like changing the polarity honestly. LOL)

Exilus - Rush (speed keeps you out of harms way)

Redirection - Vitality - Stretch - Natural Talent - Intensify - Prime Flow - Primed Continuity - Despoil

This is my run 100% of the time build in any situation. I run this with a Synoid Simulor to help with CC from the vortex and AoE proc, Sonicor to blast enemies away from me if they get too close, and Ether Reaper, well just because it fits Nekros aesthetically so well. This will get you to 20 waves/min in any mission no problem. If you are not using desecrate at all, you can swap PC for Constitution and Despoil for Shield of Shadows. This allows you the quick knockdown recovery in case anything gets too close and does take your feet out and negates damage taken to Nekros in those longer runs.

Edited by (PS4)CowboyJeff72

16 hours ago, (PS4)STRYKEofINSANITY said:

It all depends on what exactly you build for. Personally I have two builds saved in configs A and B. One is a Desecrate build, the other is a Shadows of the Dead build. If you'd like, I could post both so you have references?

Sure that would help allot.

Your Nekros build is sort of paradox. its functionally a suicide build with Despoil eating massive amounts of your health pool specially with -50 base effeciancy. Yet at the same time you are promoting it as a hybrid tank build that happens to have a barebones in the damage mitigation pool. The build is neither good at desecrating (lack of casting speed being part of that) nor is it good at tanking. It's only effeciant at putting out shadows but you can get a better shadows build if you strictly go that route.

It's possible to make a hybrid build but you need to sacrifice certain things to make it worth it. I have one such build that I can share with you:

Enemy Radar

Vitality

Despoil

Shield of Shadows

Natural Talent

Primed Continuity

Equilibrium

Transieny Fortitude

Blind Rage 4/5

Power Drift

this will get you exactly 15 shadows for a 90% damage reduction with casting speed, a decent life pool. But like anything I had to sacrifice range to make that work. I recently got me Health Conversion and have been playing around with fitting it to that above build but it's too clumsy. I have another idea of how to make it work but I will need to scrap that above build.