Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replacement for bullet attractor

(PSN)EmilsTekcor

I like where you are going with this idea, but I feel like it is a little confusing. Why not just have it attract bullets and armor on the first cast, and have it release both on second cast for damage?

You could call it "Armored Attractor" and give it a description like: Whenever Mag stands within 10m of an enemy, mag strips some of its armor (15/20/25/30%) adding it to her own, capping at 175/200/225/250. Additionally, all ballistic damage is reduced further by 30%, and for each hit, 1 armor is added, capping at 70/80/90/100 additional armor.  Casting this ability again while active, or when energy runs out, causes all absorbed armor and bullets to be cast out in all directions, dealing 100% of the total armor gained. Armor cap is affected by power str, drains 2 energy/sec.

1 minute ago, Stolen1101 said:

I like where you are going with this idea, but I feel like it is a little confusing. Why not just have it attract bullets and armor on the first cast, and have it release both on second cast for damage?

You could call it "Armored Attractor" and give it a description like: Whenever Mag stands within 10m of an enemy, mag strips some of its armor (15/20/25/30%) adding it to her own, capping at 175/200/225/250. Additionally, all ballistic damage is reduced further by 30%, and for each hit, 1 armor is added, capping at 70/80/90/100 additional armor.  Casting this ability again while active, or when energy runs out, causes all absorbed armor and bullets to be cast out in all directions, dealing 100% of the total armor gained. Armor cap is affected by power str, drains 2 energy/sec.

I was thinking about a system like that, and that is a really good idea, but should we make it add to base armor as well so mods like steel fiber would raise it?

No, power str style capping is probably enough. You can get roughly 3x that amount and that would mean a total of 1k+ armor, which is redonk. Especially since that would make her on par with valkyr. Rage could possibly sustain the drain as well, which would be crazy. 

Note that 1400 or so armor + 30% more reduction when guns is like... 95% damage reduction, which is the cap.

Edited by Stolen1101

38 minutes ago, Stolen1101 said:

I was thinking about a system like that, and that is a really good idea, but should we make it add to base armor as well so mods like steel fiber would raise it?

33 minutes ago, Stolen1101 said:

No, power str style capping is probably enough. You can get roughly 3x that amount and that would mean a total of 1k+ armor, which is redonk. Especially since that would make her on par with valkyr. Rage could possibly sustain the drain as well, which would be crazy. 

Note that 1400 or so armor + 30% more reduction when guns is like... 95% damage reduction, which is the cap.

Okay that would be cool I was thinking that for a augment it could instead make a magnetic field that scales with range the prevents bullets from entering the radius. Honestly at this point I'm thinking about raid uses. Maybe for a duration at a base of 30 seconds all enemies would be repelled and pushed back slightly.