The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Installing Warframe on Steam.

TotallyLagging

Question

I've been playing on the standalone client for a year, I think? And as of 18.5.3 the launcher stopped working. Reinstalled twice, still not working. So I thought, why not install it on Steam?

So I backupped my files and installed Warframe on Steam, but now I'm not sure where am I supposed to put these backup files in. I put it on both /downloading/230410 and /common/Warframe and Steam is still downloading 11GB of file...

Edited by TotallyLagging

3 answers to this question

You have not stated your goal in why you are backing up your data.

Lets assume you dont want to download everything again. The backup should include at least these files: Cache.Windows, Drivers, Lotus, Tools and a Warframe.exe. You want to move them into \SteamApps\common\Warframe. Then I would advise you to verify the contents of the files in the warframe launcher (download cache> verify).

Cache.Windows will be the heaviest of them all as it contains most of the downloaded content.

Edited by Murderfini

5 hours ago, Murderfini said:

You have not stated your goal in why you are backing up your data.

Lets assume you dont want to download everything again. The backup should include at least these files: Cache.Windows, Drivers, Lotus, Tools and a Warframe.exe. You want to move them into \SteamApps\common\Warframe. Then I would advise you to verify the contents of the files in the warframe launcher (download cache> verify).

Cache.Windows will be the heaviest of them all as it contains most of the downloaded content.

I have all of those, copied my backup files on common/Warframe, opened the launcher only to see the pre-U15 launcher with 30MB patch that I'm downloading at 1 KB/s.

I've failed the download twice now and gave up. And before anyone asks, my connection's actually pretty decent :

5147571446.png

Now I'm trying to install the standalone client, but Warframe.msi won't run... Although I find that the Launcher.exe found on Users/user/AppData/Local/Warframe could function as an installer for some reason.

EDIT : Alright I don't know if the problem stems from the fact that I used Launcher.exe as an installer or if my backup files are just broken, but I made it to the Sands of Inaros launcher. But I'm stuck at "Checking for new content...", similar to when I updated to 18.5.3 yesterday.

Also, copying the Launcher.exe to my Desktop and double-clicking the launcher gives me the pre-U15 launcher, which means that, for some reason, this copy of the Launcher has a different directory compared to the one at my Users/user/AppData/Local/Warframe folder.

I'm very confused.

EDIT 2 : Can someone tell me how do I make Warframe.msi work? I really think using Launcher.exe as an installer was a mistake and I'll just redownload the damn thing again using a proper installer. Right now it closes right after I opened it, but I could still find "Windows installer" on Task Manager.

Edited by TotallyLagging