Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Make Sprint Toggle Switch To "off" State When Player Stops Pressing Directional Buttons.

Niennah

First, thank you for adding sprint toggle, I have been hoping for it ever since I started playing Warframe.

There is a small thing that would make it even more comfortable to use. It's switching "sprinting" state to off not only when shooting, running out of stamina or manually, but also when a player stops pressing directional buttons (i.e. when a player intends to stop moving).

The reasoning behind that is as follows. When a player intends to stop moving, it's because an obstacle is encountered (an enemy or a difficult terrain). At that point, right before player decides to stop moving and for a while after, the player's attention is focused on the obstacle - not on hud stamina bar or player character moving animation. Therefore, in the current state of sprint toggle the player doesn't know and has no way of finding out if he will be sprinting or not when he starts moving afterwards.

The proposed change will remove that uncertainty, increasing the responsiveness of player character to input.

Edited by Niennah

I already annoyed by this "TOGGLE" for sprint(even if i use default not toggle button), i dont want RUN whe my shift(Sprint/Roll) is not pressed. I dont know bug it's or not, but rly often, after performing slide jump in example, i stucking in SPRINT mode and i need to hold shift for 1-2 secs to turn it off.

Edited by Keetsune