The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Post 18.5 Warframe: memory usage increased from ~800MB to ~1.1GB

Scepticalflesh

This makes DE's statement regarding "minimum requirements remaining the same" sound controversial to me, because my min-spec laptop with 2GB memory is not viable for playing Warframe anymore. I can play solo, but freezing solid for 15-20 seconds on starting cinematics in-mission renders me (or my squad) timed-out. Thus I literally have no access to multiplayer, especially conclave.

All launcher, video and audio settings remained the same, except new High Shader Quality option being brought up each time after being unchecked and possessing no effect on unchecking as well, and Trilinear Filtering being set to "Default" instead of "Disabled".

The min-spec is based on a desktop PC, not a laptop. Laptop memory, and components, tend to be slower than their desktop counterparts. A min-spec desktop will fair better.

However, At some point the yard stick needs to be moved forwards.

And as progression goes, adding ~300MB isn't stretching too far. However, DE are probably already at work reducing the memory footprint of various systems to bring that number down.

But, at some point, the min-spec is going to need to be bumped up. It is inevitable. Warframe can't keep the min-spec from "launch" which was 'current' almost 4 years ago.

As to your specific case, your memory may just be too slow. When you run out of RAM Windows will start using your pagefile, that process of swapping to and from the harddisk takes an eternity in computing time and the low power, low speed, memory in a laptop probably can't shuttle the required information back and forth fast enough. 

But, at some point, the min-spec is going to need to be bumped up. It is inevitable. Warframe can't keep the min-spec from "launch" which was 'current' almost 4 years ago.

Agree.

But the progression rate of said min-specs is terrifying. Even ~100MB increase in memory consumption is a big deal for min-specs. I didn't even think of being timed out in mission before U18 and now I hardly play at all. And DE basically pretend everything stays the same.

The RAM usage and the ping time also increased for me and I'm also using a min spec laptop, but I can play the game (sometimes with big lags) around 12-27fps. I turned everything off including the Reverb option.

Conclave is unplayable with such a low fps, but I rarely play it so idc.

Edited by Dobermann92