The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.5.4

[DE]Rebecca

Why are people complaining about enemy spawn rates on the missions that are designed with stealth in mind those missions arent there for you to fight hordes of enemies, there should be no reason to sit there after finishing the objective unless youre exploiting  to farm focus exp. 

On March 8, 2016 at 6:23 PM, djternan said:

That's what I was doing.  6 of the 28 bursas I killed were denial bursas.  I highly doubt that anyone with juggernauts or manics had to get 28 of those to spawn before they could complete the jar.

I know someone who got them all first try. 

Just trying to help. And it should be five only needed for the bursa. If you got six then you got the amount?

i got lucky with in my opinion the easiest, manics.

1 hour ago, danidiamond87 said:

Why are people complaining about enemy spawn rates on the missions that are designed with stealth in mind those missions arent there for you to fight hordes of enemies, there should be no reason to sit there after finishing the objective unless youre exploiting  to farm focus exp. 

Why not? Now you just do the same. The only difference is adding waiting for the shiny thing to spawn, loading, and exit times. Still done in less than 30 min. 

29 minutes ago, cx-dave said:

Why not? Now you just do the same. The only difference is adding waiting for the shiny thing to spawn, loading, and exit times. Still done in less than 30 min. 

I mean, thats your own problem then, they shouldnt cater to people that are trying to exploit the system.

2 hours ago, danidiamond87 said:

Because where I used to get at least 250 kills per mission taking my time, now I'm struggling to get more than 100 while doing spy or sabotage. I never had a problem with enemies spawning behind me and breaking my stealth. I never had a problem with how it was. It didn't make sense, but at least it was fun. If they changed the spawn system, fine. They just gutted it entirely. I don't care about focus. I don't care about the people who abuse it. My gameplay experience was changed for the worse, that's why I complain. I'm not averse to change, but they might as well have just said they've completely removed enemy spawns.

What about alarms calling in a measly team of, at most, 10 enemies? What makes any sense about that? I can let an enemy set an alarm on the first tile and go through the entire map with maybe 20 more kills than normal, because enemies won't even spawn when an alarm is raised.

And we've covered the different mission types already. Adding a glorified puzzle minigame doesn't mean I don't want to feel like I'm mowing down a platoon of enemies. Even in the Metal Gear Solid series enemies respawned and those games are arguably centered on stealth.

1 minute ago, JoramOraka said:

Because where I used to get at least 250 kills per mission taking my time, now I'm struggling to get more than 100 while doing spy or sabotage. I never had a problem with enemies spawning behind me and breaking my stealth. I never had a problem with how it was. It didn't make sense, but at least it was fun. If they changed the spawn system, fine. They just gutted it entirely. I don't care about focus. I don't care about the people who abuse it. My gameplay experience was changed for the worse, that's why I complain. I'm not averse to change, but they might as well have just said they've completely removed enemy spawns.

What about alarms calling in a measly team of, at most, 10 enemies? What makes any sense about that? I can let an enemy set an alarm on the first tile and go through the entire map with maybe 20 more kills than normal, because enemies won't even spawn when an alarm is raised.

And we've covered the different mission types already. Adding a glorified puzzle minigame doesn't mean I don't want to feel like I'm mowing down a platoon of enemies. Even in the Metal Gear Solid series enemies respawned and those games are arguably centered on stealth.

If youre looking to fight large amounts of enemies, what are you doing playing spy, sabotage or deception? There are pleanty of other horde mode mission types. That right there tells me its about exploiting focus or drops or whatever. You, like the other people complaining, are trying to take the easy way out by exploiting rather than playing the actual horde mode missions to grind. If youre going through wanting to mow down enemies, youre arguably playing those missions wrong. And to use your mgs example, if youre going through those games mowing down enemies, youre deffinetly playing them wrong.

Just now, danidiamond87 said:

If youre looking to fight large amounts of enemies, what are you doing playing spy, sabotage or deception? There are pleanty of other horde mode mission types. That right there tells me its about exploiting focus or drops or whatever. You, like the other people complaining, are trying to take the easy way out by exploiting rather than playing the actual horde mode missions to grind. If youre going through wanting to mow down enemies, youre arguably playing those missions wrong. And to use your mgs example, if youre going through those games mowing down enemies, youre deffinetly playing them wrong.

Thanks for reading my mind and telling me that I really actually care about focus. Even though I've spent enough to unlock exactly one ability from it in my play time. Obviously I care so much. I've explained how this change has effected me negatively time and time again, yet you've never explained how it's effected you.

I've already explained in my previous posts. I like to stealth. I like to kill a lot of enemies. I cannot stealth and kill a lot of enemies anymore. Take away the stealth bonus entirely and bring back the old system. Make a new system that makes it so enemies don't respawn on a tile for, I dunno, a minute after it's clear. There are so many better ways to go about it than gutting the system entirely and killing my fun for over half the game types. Literally survival and mobile defense are the only modes I even care to touch anymore, and can't really stealth well for a large portion of those can I?

You can play metal gear solid anyway you want by the way. Enemies respawn either way. Because they care about fun

15 minutes ago, JoramOraka said:

Thanks for reading my mind and telling me that I really actually care about focus. Even though I've spent enough to unlock exactly one ability from it in my play time. Obviously I care so much. I've explained how this change has effected me negatively time and time again, yet you've never explained how it's effected you.

I've already explained in my previous posts. I like to stealth. I like to kill a lot of enemies. I cannot stealth and kill a lot of enemies anymore. Take away the stealth bonus entirely and bring back the old system. Make a new system that makes it so enemies don't respawn on a tile for, I dunno, a minute after it's clear. There are so many better ways to go about it than gutting the system entirely and killing my fun for over half the game types. Literally survival and mobile defense are the only modes I even care to touch anymore, and can't really stealth well for a large portion of those can I?

You can play metal gear solid anyway you want by the way. Enemies respawn either way. Because they care about fun

You might want to use a different example, because most mgs games punished you for mindlessly killing.

4 hours ago, danidiamond87 said:

I mean, thats your own problem then, they shouldnt cater to people that are trying to exploit the system.

There's no problem. For stealth you're still playing the same way and doing the same things. The only difference now is that you're wasting time loading and exiting new missions. How is this fixing any problem or contributing to positive game play? 

When Spy 2.0 was introduced, the game maker specifically made a point of stealth in those missions was a good way to gain affinity. Now suddenly that's an exploit?

11 hours ago, DarthJundar said:

I know someone who got them all first try. 

Just trying to help. And it should be five only needed for the bursa. If you got six then you got the amount?

i got lucky with in my opinion the easiest, manics.

Yeah, I only needed 5.  One of them I didn't have the jar equipped for.  It had cleared my settings when I logged in and I forgot to re-equip my gear.  The wiki says it only takes 5 Manics or Juggernauts to complete those jars so it's not OK that 28 Bursas had to be spawned to complete that one.

13 hours ago, cx-dave said:

There's no problem. For stealth you're still playing the same way and doing the same things. The only difference now is that you're wasting time loading and exiting new missions. How is this fixing any problem or contributing to positive game play? 

When Spy 2.0 was introduced, the game maker specifically made a point of stealth in those missions was a good way to gain affinity. Now suddenly that's an exploit?

He was obviously referancing tbe fact that you get a large amount of bonus affinity for being undetected when you clear an objective room. Not talking about being constantly invisible or exploiting enemy spawns in some other way to gain focus, that would be an exploit. And it is fixing the problem because if you really want to run the same mission over and over to try to continue to exploit the system, thats on you (personally, i feel that people doing this should be punished.)