The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Severe Lag When Playing With More Than 1 Other Player

balne

This has happened to me ever since 8.1's hotfix.  Every game I join, the network lag is horrible... the game is barely playable in groups unless I host.  I double checked my connection and it is running fine @ 25/10.  Checked my firewall and made sure I had ports open for WF.  I even tried changing the ports to new ones just in case there was some sort of conflict.  So far, no luck.

This has happened to me ever since 8.1's hotfix.  Every game I join, the network lag is horrible... the game is barely playable in groups unless I host.  I double checked my connection and it is running fine @ 25/10.  Checked my firewall and made sure I had ports open for WF.  I even tried changing the ports to new ones just in case there was some sort of conflict.  So far, no luck.

I've got a similar problem. I lag like crazy when I join someone else's game, but those same people don't lag at all when I host. What makes it more puzzling is that none of the other people lag regardless of who hosts, but I lag if I'm not the host.