The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

if desecrate is here to stay, then how about this

spiralmenace

instead of harmlessly dissolving corpses, make it explode them. 200/250/300/350 base dmg over 3/4/5/6m

also maybe have enemies caught in the blast get "slimed" so they're added to his shadow pool on death no matter who kills em, ideally add this to terrify and soul punch too. that alone would make nekros feel *far* more Necromancer and less grave robber

(yeah, i guess this is inspired by D2? i've personally never played and i know next to nothing about the game, but my friend says it's the same thing, so lol)

Edited by N7Vanquisher

11 minutes ago, Zippy0 said:

Why would you want to buff desecrate? It's already really useful...

it doesn't do Enough and as it is, it does not fit a necromancer's kit. corpseplosion is thematic and also i have a personal vendetta against the skill because nekros could have been So Much More but we got a loot bot lol

How to make Nekros feel Necromancer-y with minimal changes:

1. Rework Soul Punch into something more thematic. Something with lifesteal might be nice.
  2. Make Terrify work like Silence - an aura centered on Nekros that affects enemies who come in range and cause them to run directly away from Nekros.
  3. Desecrate is guaranteed to consume corpses (no more re-casting forever) and buffs shadows.
  4. Shadows of the Dead is a toggle, and Shadows rise where enemies are killed.

Miscellaneous:

• Reduce his base casting time slightly, so that Natural Talent isn't quite as mandatory for not getting rekt. 
  • Re-skin either Shadows or Terrify so that affected enemies aren't so difficult to tell apart from Shadows.

That is all.