The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just lost 40 minutes of t3 survival

RakuyoExcelsior

Question

Seriously, what is wrong with the caps lock key? Every time I press is, whether by mistake since it's right near Shift, or when I want to type in caps, the game freaks out. The screen turns black, it bugs, it messes my laptop, he basically kills the game. Often I must press alt-f4 or even force restart the laptop in order to get back in.

So it happened now, not even 5 minutes ago in t3 survival. I was with my bf and 2 pubs. It was minute 36 when I accidentally entered a nullifier bubble. My abilities canceled and I tried to run fast away from there. Unfortunately I died and I pressed caps lock by mistake instead of pressing Shift. The game bugged right then, all other 3 team mated got connection to the host shenanigans and got disconnected and kicked from the game in an instant, no questions asked.

I was stuck dead, with nothing but a constant reviving 0%. Couldn't press Esc to reinvite my team mates, couldn't do anything but crawl around and shoot my gun. Eventually I ended up pressed every key on the keyboard, including caps lock. The screen went back again, the whole game freaked out including my laptop, it killed everything and had to exit forcefully by pressing alt-f4 and ctrl-alt-del / End Task to be able to write this now.

Seriously, what in the world is going on? And if it's possible, can I get all the loot that got wasted in that t3 run?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

check your personal key bindings to make sure you arent using cap locks key for anything specific

second....are you going full screen? and if you are are you using directx 10 or 11?

there are a few work arounds for this kind of stuff.....it used to happen to me but not specifically with cap locks....it was more of alt tabbing...and the issue mainly stemmed from fullscreen and directx

try that for awhile and see if it helps

for the caps lock key thing:

A lot of bluetooth drivers (I'm looking at you widcomm....) have an on screen key indicator when caplock is pushed.  When this is done, sometimes the OSI (on-screen indicator) does not play well with games.  I have found that when this is the case, particularly with my laptop and widcomm drivers, I had to disable it.  Sometimes this involves registry tweaks.

Another thing you can try is full screen (windowed) mode, which may behave better if it is an OSI causing the problem...