Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Idea: Infested Tennos And Turret-Like Infested

Riptose

After playing X number of infested missions, It gets pretty boring seeing the same 5 enemies. Obviously this is a problem with Corpus and Grineer as well, but to a much lesser degree. 

First, a list of Infected enemies, There are 9 (not including bosses)

-3 kinds of ancients

---Toxic ancient

---Disruptor Ancient

---Healing Ancient

-3 kinds of cralwers

---regular

---Noxious     <---what is the difference between these two?

---toxic          <---

-Runners 

-Leapers

-Chargers     <--- what are the non-infested versions of chargers? Can we see those sometime, please? :D

So Literally every single infested enemy is a melee based enemy, where Ancients have limited range with their arm stretch.

I think a way to add more variety to the infested roster is by adding a few infested tenno. Infested tenno would be a few of the popular warframes that retain one or two abilities to use against the players.  An example would be a Volt Infested, retaining the shield so players cant directly shoot through to the infested on the other side.  Or a ash infested who retains teleport and smokescreen.  

My other idea is to incorperate a slow turret-like infested that spits clumps of infected flesh at the tennos from far away. 

Obviously this is alot different from the idea of the infested, since it is a totally different theme from the assimilation that is the main theme behind the infested.

Just an idea :p

Infested Tenno would be pretty awesome as mini-bosses, that's for sure. If they're done properly, they could add a lot of variety to the rather simplistic gameplay of the infested as they are right now.

I dont think it would make sense to have infested Tenno since we ourselves are made out of the technocyte virus. We are a good variant of the virus while the infested are a destructive variant created by the Orokin.

Infested-Boss Grave Robber: A mass of nano-technology that have lived for thousand years and absorbed many things.

Ability:

- Transform into 3 different frames: Ash, Rhino, Volt and ability to use their powers and weapons

- Create replicates of many of its previous victims (Grineer, Corpus,...)

- When taking too much damage (50% health or below) it will split into multiple copies (3) and each clone will transform into a different frame

- It's arena is a room covered with infested goo, thus giving it the ability to melt itself into environment

I like that idea. But i think you giving it a bit too much. Weapons are an nehh-ehh for infested (cause thats not a part of their theme). I think the splitting is better to be incorporated into a new hyena -> loki systems gives it ability to make holograms that do reduced damage, and have smaller health, but slightly stealths it for a moment for it to jump away. 

I think giving it a few stages where it uses different combinations of abilities. like uses ash shurikens, volt shield, and rhino charge at one stage, and changing to ash smokescreen, volt superspeed, and Excalibur radial blind to sneak up on different players adn smash their faces in. you know, evolving strategies.

and the turret infested would be on maps with less sprinters but more crawlers and stalkers and such. you know. balance right? just like how grineer commanders dont ever spawn with grineer pyros. 

I dont think it would make sense to have infested Tenno since we ourselves are made out of the technocyte virus. We are a good variant of the virus while the infested are a destructive variant created by the Orokin.

"The Ether Sword cuts so cleanly that it was considered by the Tenno to be a more humane weapon for 'cleansing' infested allies." - Ether Sword/Dual Ether in-game description.

Personally I would welcome the idea of more enemy types. Especially for the Infested and Corpus, since Grineer are basically your typical footsoldier enemies so there's not too much variety needed there, while the Infested and Corpus can produce much more interesting varieties of enemies.

Edited by TransientSerenade