Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Physx

Sylvaky

Question

I've search forums, help forums, steam forums, etc. I've heard physx was shut down for a while due to problems with it in archwing. Is this still the case? If not, I have been unable to enable it. It's greyed out in my settings despite all my tinkering with settings.

7 answers to this question

Since the 18.5 update many people have been unable to get Warframe PhysX working properly.

A few have got it working by setting PhysX to CPU in the Nvidia Control Panel, but for most this just re-enables the PhysX toggle in Warframe while leaving the actual PhysX effects disabled.

On 3/9/2016 at 0:25 AM, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Your drivers updated?

Although drivers may not be the case because I don't know about this very much. I don't use it enough. XD

I made sure they were updated. Tried going back to older versions of the drivers as well.

On 3/9/2016 at 0:32 AM, carnaga said:

nVidia PhysX works in warframe when running in 64bit mode. Check the launcher settings.

GLZ9ppp.jpg

I've always run Warframe in 64bit. Still nothing.

On 3/9/2016 at 4:31 AM, Isaard said:

Since the 18.5 update many people have been unable to get Warframe PhysX working properly.

A few have got it working by setting PhysX to CPU in the Nvidia Control Panel, but for most this just re-enables the PhysX toggle in Warframe while leaving the actual PhysX effects disabled.

I could give that a try and hopefully it'll give me the full effects.

Thanks for the timely responses!

By the way, what GPU are you using?

Older GPU's are restricted to what PhysX version they can actually support and it looks like U18.5 came with an upgraded version that some cards can't use.

For example: my GT 545 only supports up to version 9.15.0428, if the game's version is higher than that, no PhysX.

Edited by Aoden

4 hours ago, Aoden said:

By the way, what GPU are you using?

Older GPU's are restricted to what PhysX version they can actually support and it looks like U18.5 came with an upgraded version that some cards can't use.

For example: my GT 545 only supports up to version 9.15.0428, if the game's version is higher than that, no PhysX.

Right from Nvidia website about PhysX driver :

http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.15.0428-driver.html

Release Date:

Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on all GeForce 9‑series, and 100‑series to 900‑series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory. 

So you are saying your card supports the latest version of PhysX, which is 9.15.0428 and has been out since May 21, 2015. I don't think any games will be using a higher version than that, since there isn't a higher version.

I spent some time searching around and can't find any mention at all anywhere of a new PhysX version that has secretly changed the hardware requirements. If there was a big change to compatibility like that, wouldn't NVIDIA have updated their website's driver download page to let people know? Wouldn't DE tell us about these new hardware requirements? Wouldn't the CPU PhysX option work properly?

DE has just made an error in their PhysX library update, hopefully they can track it down soon.

Edited by Isaard

Sorry about that, Isaard. I was just going by what happened with my previous GPU. Was able to use PhysX through closed beta and then suddenly unable to until a few months ago when I was given my "new" GPU.