Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestions] New Strategic Ennemies, Level Design

Ayalin

Hello; I would like to post some of my ideas on the game because I still think it has a great potential but it I believe an effort should be made on the diversity of ennemies as well as on the level design. This game could be a great place for strategy and teamwork!

I apologize in advance for my english, it is not my native language.

I will just talk about game design, not really about graphic models or environment.

New ennemies (by faction)

Infest

"Corrupted Invoker":

Have a ~~100 meters corruption area around him- when a warframe is detected in this 100 meters area (the invoker must be in an aggressive state, the Corrupted Invoker stop moving and activate its power:

- Decrease Warframe energy, or health, or endurance by a small amount every seconds. 

--> Definitely a priority target that must be killed asap! The area effect could be indicate inside the game with a simple purple circle for example. If all the warframe are out of the circle, the Invoker moves again toward them. Notice that this ability does not allowed the Invoker to detect Warframe - they must be seen first.

--> This creature would be really rare on classical missions, but would start to appear at every waves above 20 on defense Mission.

Impact on gameplay: 

- Promoting assassin stealth role inside groups, like Loki (her swap would be very interesting in order to kill this target quickly!) or Ash, etc.

- Promoting sniper role (weapon)

- Promoting Radar ennemy abilities (considering it would have a different icon on the minimap) and teamwork (like "Hey, Invoker pop south east, Loki hurry up go for it !")

- Breaking some stupid combo on defense mission based on infinite mana + warframe abilities (like trinity + vauban, lol wave 40 infest defense on Xini and mobs never touched us, this is neither interesting nor challenging :/, or Frost with globe..); generally speaking, promoting mouvements and adding some real twists into battles, instead of linear butchery.

Corpus

"Howler Moa"

Every 20 seconds (value is not fixed at all, it is just an example), launch a screech which prevent Warframe from using their abilities for 8 seconds (yeah, you never heard it but a real moa shout hurts a lot). Area effect: 30 meters or something like that; 2 seconds casting time (similar to the earthquake orange Moa)

This ability is avoidable if a Warframe is squat when the screech is launched.

Impact on gameplay: 

- Adding some twists and challenge inside the game.

- Adding priority targets, and by the way promoting assassin role inside groups.

- Disturbing broken combo which are based on the continuous use of warframe abilities i-e vauban frost etc etc..

Grineer

"Axes throwers"

A special ennemy which throw axes on warframes. Thoses axes are soaked with a vicious poison which bypass the shield and directly lower HP; the only way to avoid them is to run or to use the "melee block" command. If an axe is blocked, it deals no damage.

And of course, because they are melee weapons, they pass through Frost Globe..... (^_^')

Impact on gameplay:

- Promoting escape and ninja style of gameplay

- Promoting the importance of the "endurance" stat, which is currently underutilized

- Promoting the "block" movement, underutilized as well.

General Impact on the game, benefits:

- With the adding of such ennemies, you would promote different style of gameplay and you would also increase the interest or Assassin warframe like Loki or Ash. Considering you would also indirectly nerf some of the typical easy-victory strategies and characters, you would balance the game and encourage people to have more and more different warframe in their toolbox: so, more profits for you in the end (because more and more reactor to use, more forma, etc etc...)

- Everbody would be happy because there is new content and new challenge on your game and you would not have to break your head on possible Frost' nerf or Vauban nerf (which would result in frustrations for players who invest on them- in the end those warframe would still be very strong, but they would not be game breakers anymore thanks to new mechanics in the game).

Oh, and I forgot, last but not least, bonus mob:

Bull robot - charge warframe and follow them; the only way to kill him is to make him crash against a wall (so you need to run toward a wall when you are focused and then wall ride on it). Immune to weapons damage / melee.

Level Design

It is just general thoughts, it has certainly be already said, but it would be great to have more interactions and "platform / obstacles" elements of level design.

You made it quite well with the new instance Void with laser traps and so on, but you really need to continue in this way^^, a few ideas:

- For grinner levels, some obstacles based on the machinery, exactly like in the second episod of Star Wars, when Anakin jump between rolls and huge hammers.

- For Corpus levels, more "trap-like" events like the camera. You could put special interruptors which activate lasers everywhere in some parts of the level- the idea would be to prevent ennemies to reach it or to avoid lasers once an ennemy has triggered it.

Thanks a lot for reading my post, I might update the level design part of it:)

Do not hesitate to react on my ideas, and if you have appreciated them and want more elements of strategy in this game, do not hesitate to +1 !