The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tac. Allert: onethousand cuts and stance farming

undernown

Question

As anyone who has reached the endurance mode of the Onethousand Cuts Event, you know there is a high frequency of Grineer Manic spawns in there.
So my question is whether they actually share the right drop table with the usual Grineer Manics, because they're slightly different in appearance. (bigger size and using Machete)
I'm looking to get my hands on the Four Riders Stance for completionists sake. (No I don't care for trading for stance mods, don't even bother mentioning it in here.)

Also before I set out on my quest for the Four Riders stance, I wan't to know if i actually have a fair chance grinding for it:
Wiki says the drop chance is 0,031% per Manic, which is correct according to the formula:
3% chance to drop mod > Common 75% uncommon 22,5% Rare 2% and Legendary 0,5% (If there are no items of a certain rarity in tables, percentage gets divided over remaining categories)
For Grineer Manic there are 2 rare mods and no legendary's so you get: 3% x 2,01% x 0,5 = 0,031%

Based on that drop chance i have to kill: 3.226 Grineer Manics ( = 100 / 0,031 ) (Yes i know these are terrible chance calculations and not the propper way )
Now based on experiance with the Endurance mode, there are about 20 Grineer Manics per run so that makes the going time per kill 10 minutes / 20 manics = 0,5 minutes (30 seconds)
3226 x 0,5 = 1613 Minutes /60 = 27 hours.

So is it worth it to spend 27 hours of my weekend for this mod?

3 answers to this question

Not quite sure what answer you expect.

It is only up to you how much you want that mod and since you don't wish to trade then this is the best chance you will get for a long time. The electric mods you have a chance to get at the end of each mission will eventually sell for decent platinum, so there is that to consider.

Also, there is no guarantee you will get one mod in 27h, you might as well spend 60 and get none or get one after 10 more minutes.

Edited by Lijka

So they do share the propper drop table at least then? Havent seen anyone anywhere confirm that. I ask this cause it happens sometimes that enemy's don't actualy use the propper droptable. (in certain events, or scripted sequences for example)

It's also problematic that this is actualy the best chance for me to "farm" this stance mod. In regular gameplay Manics are hard to come by. (trials or allert state triggers)