The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I give my friend stuff for free?

Vuli

Question

Have a friend I convinced to start warframe this week. He will be MR2 tonight (now he can trade), and I want to give him a Rhino Prime set and some mods and such. I've read about people getting banned for things like this because it's "suspicious". I just want a confirmation whether this is ok or not, thanks.

6 answers to this question

2 hours ago, KJRenz said:

DE actually have the statistics to monitor accounts. It's in their privacy policy/ToS "monitoring"

Though, to be fair, mods and stuff is pretty safe, it's only when large sums of plat are involved on an account that doesn't go beyond MR2 is when the little alarms start going off. A few mods won't arouse suspicion, which is what I usually do.

You can go ahead and do it. I've done it tons of times to help new players in Region and friends in general.

There's really no way for DE to actually find out if it's honest or not unless the person guilty says it is, I don't think. That kinda stuff's sorta tricky to keep track of. You're safe, don't worry.

2 minutes ago, Exploderizer said:

You can go ahead and do it. I've done it tons of times to help new players in Region and friends in general.

There's really no way for DE to actually find out if it's honest or not unless the person guilty says it is, I don't think. That kinda stuff's sorta tricky to keep track of. You're safe, don't worry.

DE actually have the statistics to monitor accounts. It's in their privacy policy/ToS "monitoring"

Perfectly safe- I suggest in clan/pm chat saying before the trade "here have this for free buddy" or something. That way on the very very off chance that you got autobanned or something for "suspicious activity" DE can just look at the chat logs and see everything was legit.