Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

~30 Hours into the game. (Impressions & Suggestions)

Helixx

GAMEPLAY

- Combat feels very visceral and melee weapons have an excellent feel of impact.

- Sprinting, sliding, and flipping are all very enjoyable mechanics.

- The one annoyance with combat involves melee weapons on ramps. If the player is even only slightly above an

enemy on a ramp, melee weapons almost always miss.

UI

- The in-game UI is not intrusive; however, there are a few things that would be nice to have displayed.

- Some way to display the bonus objective for the mission would be helpful, since it is not always displayed at the

beginning of the mission, and sometimes the player simply misses it when the game displays it.

- An option to have friendly health bars displayed would help greatly. At the moment it is difficult to see if an ally is

going to go down, or is low on health.

- Some display of an enemy's health, while they have a shield eqipped, would help during things like assassinations.

LEVEL DESIGN

- The tile system works incredibly well, and provides an excellent variation of room combinations.

- The lighting is all beautifully done and creates a great atmosphere.

- The elevators are my only criticism of the level design. They destroy the sense of speed and pacing that are

otherwise amazing by forcing the players to push a button and wait around. While playing with a friend, we were both

always annoyed to rush through a door, adrenaline pumping, just to be face-to-face with an elevator where we were

forced to sit around.

EXPERIENCE SYSTEM

- The experience and upgrade appears to work incredibly with only a couple exceptions.

- Melee weapons seem to gain experience at much slower rate for no apparent reason. I tested this theory by only

using the melee weapon for an entire mission (no abilities), the results were more warframe experience than melee

experience.

- It would be nice to have a screen with an in-depth experience breakdown.

MULTIPLAYER

- The multiplayer aspect of the game worked incredibly well for me with the exception of a couple bugs.

- Occaisionally when joining a mission I would fail to connect to the host, which is understandable; however, upon

attempting to start the mission again, the game would attempt to connect me to the same session. This made online

play impossible for that mission until I swtiched to Private/Solo mode, or waited for the group to complete that mission.

- After ending an online group with a friend, both of our contacts pages would sometimes show the other player as

offline, which could only be fixed by restarting the game.

MISSION SCREEN

- If a mission is taken in one sector and the player moves to another sector, the game will continue to display the first

sector after the player finishes their mission. (i.e. Player does a mission in Mercury then does a mission in Venus

next. The map will be in the Mercury sector after the mission in Venus is completed.) It's a very minor complaint with

a very well done map selection interface.

CRAFTING

- The entire crafting system works very well, no complaints.

OVERALL

A very well designed and enjoyable game, and I will definately suggest it to friends.

Edited by Helixx

Yeah one thing I didn't understand is why team mates health bars aren't displayed on-screen. If you press ESC you can see it in the menu but that's no good for players going support.

I completely agree with the missions for equipment not always displaying, some way to make it display would be nice.

I'd like to add that at times I miss what Lotus may say about the mission objectives (The occasional mission parameters switch) so some sort of mission objectives list would be great.