Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chelos new Warframe animal companion (Get your Ninja Turtle here)

Rada13

I made a warframe animal companion thread awhile ago I don't know if there was some influence or just coincidence but one companion i did the Egaruk a jellyfish companion that would float around and shock your opponents ended up sharing many similarities with diriga.

aside from that since diriga kind of fills what i wanted with Egaruk I decided working on a concept for Chelos a large turtle animal companion which takes more of a tanky role than kubrows  or kavats larger health pool but not as fast as the other two. Now before people start saying that turtles are too slow, I have worked with turtles and alot of their speed comes from energy conservation, they are cold blooded and with adequate protection herbivorous turtles don't need to spend as much energy on movement, omnivorous and carnivorous turtles on the other hand can move very fast (compared to other turtles) when they want to, chasing prey or defending themselves. Some turtles, dig and some are even adept at climbing over climb surfaces when compared to their relative size would be very high obstacles.

You will find the Chelos on Sedna, while there are still some on earth, a large population was brought to Sedna since they were relatively unaffected by the harsh climate. On sedna they had multiple purposes including acting as a source of food, guard animals (through strict grineer training"), pets, and sport, infact Kela De Thaym keeps some unusally large and vicious specimens in a gladiatorial arena where unlucky males are sent to fight for their lives at Kela's amusement. A great deal of Chelos escaped the grineer breeding program and now occupy the sewers and tunnels of Sedna feeding on algae, vermin and unlucky grineer that find themselves alone. While many Chelos have become aggressive to cope with their new environment, there are still prone to being passive animals allowing them to be trained and used by the tenno.

other companions I was thinking of are a sort of Monkey-Frog and a Spider

Edited by Rada13

some abilities could include a rush like the juggernaut can do or a body slam that knocks down enemies close to it

grineer chelos look more like alligator snapping turtles

native ones look similar to matamata turtles https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mata_mata

tenno look more similar to painted or red eared sliders, traits that can change include shell type to look like different species like tortises, map turtles and other species