The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Warframe

Ahazux

Question

9 answers to this question

1 minute ago, xethier said:

(hint: you can find quite a bit more to this story if you want to read the archival threads from when PS4 and Xbox were added to the roster, assuming they're accessible after the forum switch) -- i'm not interested in continuing this argument. 

There is no argument.  Factually the reason Cross platform play won't happen is because DE won't slow down the development for PC to match the console updates.  People can't run 2 different versions of the same game together.

Any reason you've provided beyond that has stemmed solely from your dislike of Sony, MS, or consoles in general.

Just now, xethier said:

There is no technical reason why Warframe cannot be played cross-platform as long as the versions are in parity. (every platform running the same code)

Now... the real reasons why this won't exist is that $ony and Micro$oft have their little fiefdoms and don't want to let others play in their sandbox. All their players are THEIRS and if you want to play with them than you need to buy that platform to have access. This is BY DESIGN.

So if you can convince $ony and Micro$oft to come up off their restrictive attitude, then it could happen... I wish you luck with that.

Pssst, updates have to be the same too. 

14 minutes ago, xethier said:

There is no technical reason why Warframe cannot be played cross-platform as long as the versions are in parity. (every platform running the same code)

They (DE) have already stated they won't slow down PC patches to match console patches.  That's why you wont' have cross platform play.

15 minutes ago, xethier said:

Now... the real reasons why this won't exist is that $ony and Micro$oft have their little fiefdoms and don't want to let others play in their sandbox. All their players are THEIRS and if you want to play with them than you need to buy that platform to have access. This is BY DESIGN.

Except there are several games that disprove this completely fabricated statement.  The first one that comes to mind, solely off the top of my head, is DC Universe : Online.  It currently allows for cross play.  So does the Final Fantasy MMO, IIRC.

Stop fabricating reasonings.

Just now, xethier said:

So you're privy to exactly what DC Universe and Final Fantasy's contracts with sony and microsoft entail?

I'm privy to the fact that cross platform play isn't being restricted by Microsoft or Sony, as proven by those two games and several others.  Everyone is privy to that knowledge.

1 minute ago, xethier said:

I can absolutely guarantee you they paid through the nose to allow for cross-platform play. (something DE most likely isn't prepared to do)

So, you can make up nonsense with no factual information but when I propose a counterpoint based on factual information, I need to be privy to private contracts?  Think about that for a second.

2 minutes ago, xethier said:

Now... why, exactly, are you being combative?

I'm not being "combative."  I'm taking issue with a lie being purported as fact.

So if you can convince $ony and Micro$oft to come up off their restrictive attitude, then it could happen... I wish you luck with that.

Just now, (PS4)horridhal said:

They (DE) have already stated they won't slow down PC patches to match console patches.  That's why you wont' have cross platform play.

Except there are several games that disprove this completely fabricated statement.  The first one that comes to mind, solely off the top of my head, is DC Universe : Online.  It currently allows for cross play.  So does the Final Fantasy MMO, IIRC.

Stop fabricating reasonings.

So you're privy to exactly what DC Universe and Final Fantasy's contracts with sony and microsoft entail? How much they spent attaining the permission to gain access to those users? I can absolutely guarantee you they paid through the nose to allow for cross-platform play. (something DE most likely isn't prepared to do)

And yes, DE slowing progression on the PC is a factor. 

Now... why, exactly, are you being combative?

Well then, I'm wrong. Nothing to see here, it's all DE's fault for not wanting to slow down PC advancement and nobody else's.

(hint: you can find quite a bit more to this story if you want to read the archival threads from when PS4 and Xbox were added to the roster, assuming they're accessible after the forum switch) -- i'm not interested in continuing this argument.