The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee weapon XP?

GhostXIII

I don't know what the deal is with melee weapon XP but it's been bugging me since i started playing on the first week of CB. I could have a dual Skana and have that for a week plus and then buy a, what is now called a bronco, a week after i buy the DS and in three days it surpasses the DS! How is that possible?!? I hardly use my guns and evn when i do it's only to kill the poisenous infected or now one of the bosses that is weilding a Skana. This is just wrong. Take my Gorgon for example. I hardly ever kill anything wiht it and yet somehow it passed my sword and i had my sword for 6 days! The only way it seems to get any good XP for melee weapons is to fight infected solo. So if any person (hope for dev) can explain why melee weapon XP is seemingly broken share your thoughts.

They seemed to have increased the xp gain for melee weapons, my Cronus is levelling a lot faster now and I get 3k+ XP from 1 round of Callisto solo.

Melee XP is only awarded from the kill IIRC, and some of the experience from getting a kill with a melee goes to the weapon you had equipped when you took it out.

Your best bet for leveling melee is to solo infested somewhere. I've found playing with other people is extremely difficult to get a lot of melee hits in.

Well, that could work, but seeing as this is meant to be a co-operative game that, at least to some extent, encourages teamplay, why should that be necessary? I agree that melee weapon exp generates WAY too slowly.

In my case, I got a Cronus pretty early on and used it for at least 15 levels on my Loki, and since then I've been using it on Excalibur, whom I have maxed out along with the HEK, which I got much later than the Cronus, yet I still haven't even reached rank 15 with the sword. It just feels a bit off to me.

Trying to level my Scindo feels like korean mmo levels of grind. Been farming Lua on Earth as it is decently high level infested mission and I get rubedo as well. Even on the runs I get 50+ kills that are all on my scindo (minus the poison ancients I kill from ranged or with slash dash) I get a fraction of a level each run. It's only level 15, just makes me despair when I think of trying to get it to 30. Especially comapred to how easy the Gorgon was to max out it really seems like melee weapon XP is just S#&$.

Edited by Bluntzkrieg420