Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I want some sort of passive energy regen

Huxxy

Eh, I have not had any issues with energy, the drop rate on energy orbs seems to be high enough the majority of the time. The complaint that all Warframes seem the same also rings hollow to me as the powers do differentiate them and unlike the OP, I use my powers. Now, if the devs want their to be more differences in the frames, say Volt is naturally faster then other frames, Excalibur gets a melee damage bonus, Rhino gets a def bonus, etc etc etc, I certainly wouldn't complain. That said, I do think energy drops at a good rate and I do use their powers enough to get a feel for the differences in the frames.

Plus, you can get the Energy Siphon artifact. I don't have one yet and would really like any artifact at this point, but it is out there.

Well, said moves do serve a purpose currently however that purpose mostly falls on a defensive playstyle. Because it's so easy to build excessive offense players see little point to using them other than to look cool as doing them genrally causes a temporary drop in damage output.

Well, FWIW, in my experience this depends on if you're playing solo or co-op. In co-op, it's a mad scramble to the finish as the 4 of us are usually more then capable of taking on enemies so you don't play very defensively. Actually, I tend to actively avoid playing in a defensive manner b/c that will slow me down and I really want to be the one that deals the most damage and/or gets the most kills so it's hurry hurry hurry.

Playing Solo, I have to play defensive b/c there are way too many bad guys. So I do find myself using cover and using slide a lot more often to get in close with a mob and start slicing away. Sliding into a group of grineer with the Bo staff is always epic :-D

The complaint that all Warframes seem the same also rings hollow...

That said, I do think energy drops at a good rate and I do use their powers enough to get a feel for the differences in the frames.

Possibly because you only have a level 21 excalibur :)

I think energy is fine imo you can always get the energy syphon artifact which regenerates you energy pretty quickly especially when your able to pick up energy orbs. The idea to gain energy through different actions would be too hard to implement in this game and could lead to unbalancing, some players could be running around stealing all the kills from newcomers not allowing them to gain energy or other will have an easier time at it because they only use their lvl 30 op modded gun's while others in the same party are trying to rank up a lvl 1 gun thus making it extremely difficult to gain any energy >.<

The main problem isn't the lack of energy gain.

But the lack of cooldowns is or some other system.

Currently you're usually stuck with using the most usefull power you have. Why?

If there were cooldowns, you couldn't use some powers while they're on cooldown and you'd have to use some other power if the situation so requires.

Or think of the powers this way: They're like weapons.

What if all of your weapons used the same ammo?

Shooting with your pistol takes away ammo from you rocket launcher.

That's why different weapons have their own ammo.

That's why powers should too have their own energy pools.

One energy orb could give the same amount of energy for each pool.

This results into using your powers depending on the situation.

At the moment you usually save your energy for the most usefull power which then makes the other powers sometimes useless.

Possibly because you only have a level 21 excalibur :)

You're kinda creeping me out, did you see me play in game, how would you even know that?

Anyway, I have more warframes and I also fail to see the relevance. We all are posting our opinions and my opinion is that the energy system is ok as-is. Feel free to disagree.

Plus, you can get the Energy Siphon artifact. I don't have one yet and would really like any artifact at this point, but it is out there.

Considering the Energy Siphon as a viable method of passive energy gain is silly. It's an extrememly rare item and the chances of aquiring it are based on RNG.

I 100% agree with this. What makes each frame unique is their skill set, but, as of now, all frames play almost the same exact way. I wouldn't mind if skills were toned down a bit as long as I can use them and not feel like I wasted a precious resource (energy) on a few minions.

I think this is the best solution. 100% max regen even if slow and just make it so ultimates don't clear entire rooms instantly. Maybe 2 people doing an ultimate could or even 3. Then again if the levels scaled with how many players are in it that could help out as well.

I think this is the best solution. 100% max regen even if slow and just make it so ultimates don't clear entire rooms instantly. Maybe 2 people doing an ultimate could or even 3. Then again if the levels scaled with how many players are in it that could help out as well.

or start reworking abipities to be support oriented, and your weapons are for kills, not skills.

The only thing that seperates warframes are the skin, and the skills. But if I have to hold all my skills in because I need to make sure I have enough energy for emergencies all I have are my guns and that's boring.

I feel like it doesn't matter what frame I'm playing right now.

I think there should be a standard, slow energy regen or some mod or something.

Guys, really, no.

It's a huge issue that you save your energy for the most useful power and the rest of powers are left unused.

If there was an energy regen, it would only help you to gain energy faster to use the one power.

The main problem isn't the lack of energy gain.

But the lack of cooldowns is or some other system.

Currently you're usually stuck with using the most usefull power you have. Why?

If there were cooldowns, you couldn't use some powers while they're on cooldown and you'd have to use some other power if the situation so requires.

Or think of the powers this way: They're like weapons.

What if all of your weapons used the same ammo?

Shooting with your pistol takes away ammo from you rocket launcher.

That's why different weapons have their own ammo.

That's why powers should too have their own energy pools.

One energy orb could give the same amount of energy for each pool.

This results into using your powers depending on the situation.

At the moment you usually save your energy for the most usefull power which then makes the other powers sometimes useless.

Guys, really, no.

It's a huge issue that you save your energy for the most useful power and the rest of powers are left unused.

If there was an energy regen, it would only help you to gain energy faster to use the one power.

I just don't see it that way, well at least not with Excalibur who is the one I've played the most. Slash dash is great for killing guys, especially shield lancers. I use radial blind when I'm surrounded. I guess I could use Slash Dash to escape but radial blind will blind everyone around me and then I can kill them at my leisure. I try to use super jump to get around, but it is easy to forget about that one, I'll admit. Radial Javelin is my "panic" button so yeah, you could argue why use Blind when you've got Javelin but Javelin takes up 100 energy, so I try to save it for real emergencies. Blind I can use and not worry too much b/c chances are I'll pick up enough energy orbs to make up for it.

I really think this is more a psychological thing then a game issue. I know that I used to be really uptight about spending "money" in games (by this I mean, in-game currency, resources, etc, not real money). I used to worry that I would spend all my resources on this upgrade or that unit or whatever and then be left with nothing. Over time, I've changed my outlook and now really try to explore more. Heh, it used to really bug me that you couldn't heal infantry in Starcraft, for some reason I love heal my units all the time :-D

So, I think people should just feel free to explore with the powers rather then be so worried that something will happen and they won't have enough energy for their ult, which like I said, I don't think is a huge issue anyway thanks to the orb drop rate. Worst case scenario you have to use a revive. That's my two cents, obviously others feel differently and that's cool.

Edited by cypherhalo

I really think this is more a psychological thing then a game issue.

I think the same.

And it seems that excalibur does have more than only one actually useful power.

But excalibur wouldn't suffer from my idea, those skills that are equally useful can have the same energy cost. If they're both really powerful then make the cost higher. You know, for balance.

Now that energy orbs can be picked up by anyone, there's plenty to go around. To be honest, I think there's too much energy available at the moment. I use powers pretty much every time I encounter more than 2 or 3 enemies and still usually have enough in reserve to fire off my ultimate.

This

You're kinda creeping me out, did you see me play in game, how would you even know that?

Anyway, I have more warframes and I also fail to see the relevance. We all are posting our opinions and my opinion is that the energy system is ok as-is. Feel free to disagree.

The complaint that all Warframes seem the same also rings hollow to me

You can look up anyone's stats in-game. You have a rank 21 excal, with a bunch of plat-unlocked frames that you've played for one mission. Of course our complaints ring hollow to you. If you rank up a bunch of them to 30, you'd have some perspective on why all frames play the same - you don't even have their ults yet.

All frames have one skill that they're spamming or saving up for, 95% of the time because of the energy system. Orb drops depend on enemy deaths - you're either showered with them on an infested mission, or you're starved without any way to gain energy in prolonged fights against tough enemies (boss fights where you're not cheesing, or soloing pluto). Players purchasing frames are looking for a completely new gameplay experience, instead they're simply choosing which "I win" button they want to use.

Edited by t3st

You can look up anyone's stats in-game. You have a rank 21 excal, with a bunch of plat-unlocked frames that you've played for one mission. Of course our complaints ring hollow to you. If you rank up a bunch of them to 30, you'd have some perspective on why all frames play the same - you don't even have their ults yet.

All frames have one skill that they're spamming or saving up for, 95% of the time because of the energy system. Orb drops depend on enemy deaths - you're either showered with them on an infested mission, or you're starved without any way to gain energy in prolonged fights against tough enemies (boss fights where you're not cheesing, or soloing pluto). Players purchasing frames are looking for a completely new gameplay experience, instead they're simply choosing which "I win" button they want to use.

Its true. As much as I can brain storm here on forums and make suggestions I don't know the exact answer but a lot of games suffer from the "energy" dump problem. Any game where you have all your abilities available all the time will always just use their best.

Yeah, figured as much but man, I don't care enough to look up anybody's stats. Anyway, will keep playing but still I'm not personally unhappy with their system. No system is perfect so it seems to me that if your powers all ran off a cooldown you would still have issues. "Man, I would use my ult more often but it has such a long cooldown, I'm afraid to use it and then not be able to when I really need it". Or "Jeez, they need to tone down these powers, why bother using your guns when you can just keep spamming your powers becuase you don't have energy limiting you?" I could go on, any system a person can devise, someone can find fault with. If there's one thing I've learned in my time with forums and betas it is that there is always someone who will complain about anything. So, to each their own, I'm pretty happy with the current system. If I had an issue with it, I'd say so. My issues with this game right now revolve more around random loot drops, the fact that it doesn't teach you about security cameras, orokin reactors, etc, and the way enemies spawn behind you, which is especially annoying when you're trying to solo. >.<

Hey, guys, hey, what if we think out of the box now.

What if only some of the powers had a cooldown.

And some powers could be toggled and drain energy while they're active. Like invisibility or rhino's iron skin (or what ever it was) could use energy as an additional shield. And volt's speed skill could drain energy if he moves. And excal's jump power would drain energy when active and he jumps.

And maybe some powers could have charges, like the fireball. Maybe up to 3 charges and it takes 5 seconds to generate a new charge.

So, instead of every power working in the same way, we'd had different ways for different powers?