The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe 18.5 crash upon startup

Ishaan.

Question

I used to play warframe on steam but later i deleted the content of warframe in steam and instead downloaded the game from the official site of the warframe. Once I finished downloading about 9 GB files using the launcher my launcher crashed. When I started the launcher next time it seemed alright. After that when all the checking for new content and all was over I tried to start the game by using the play. However all that happened was that a window opened up with entire white background and the screen froze. I waited for sometime then seeing that no progress had occurred I Started task manager that showed that warframe was not responding. Then a dialog box popped up saying that evolution engine was not working. I closed the launcher and the game then tried playing the game disabling 64 bit direct x 10 and 11 and the multiple thread rendering but the game keeps coming up as white background and crashing. Finally I tried verifying the cache files but after sometime the launcher started checking new content and it is apparently downloading about 6 GB again. The game is not starting no matter what I try. I also tried optimizing but I do not know if it did anything.

its also saying Evolution Engine has stopped working .

I got another problem. I re downloaded the game on my PC in the D drive however every time the download reaches 100% the error message pops up showing 
Update failed!

Could not update file:

D:warframeDownloadedPublicCache.WindowsF.TextureDx9.cache.tmp

There is not enough space on the disk. [0x00000070

So this says that I don't have enough space but actually I have 11 GB space in my D drive but still.

Edited by Benjemim

7 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Benjemim said:

so its happening to u too ?

It happens to some players, and some not.

But its more login issues, and I'm not completely sure if it translates to being unable to update. But perhaps it could be.

They're going to preform maintenance on their server infrastructure tomorrow, so there's that.

Just now, PUR3K1LL3R said:

It happens to some players, and some not.

But its more login issues, and I'm not completely sure if it translates to being unable to update. But perhaps it could be.

They're going to preform maintenance on their server infrastructure tomorrow, so there's that.

Login issue ? Man i can't even start the game. The moment I play press the screen goes white and freezes.

3 minutes ago, Benjemim said:

Login issue ? Man i can't even start the game. The moment I play press the screen goes white and freezes.

Hmmm, it could be your client, not sure.

Monitor the forums later and they'll notify when the fixes are finished. Try again after that.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Have you tried downloading it on Steam again? I remember i had problems when i downloaded the game from the official site.

Try uninstalling the game with Revo Uninstaller,then download it on Steam again. (I know installing and uninstalling over and over is a pain in the duck)

On 3/14/2016 at 1:44 PM, -ER-Weaver said:

Have you tried downloading it on Steam again? I remember i had problems when i downloaded the game from the official site.

Try uninstalling the game with Revo Uninstaller,then download it on Steam again. (I know installing and uninstalling over and over is a pain in the duck)

Well i have already lost about 30 gigs of internet for no good reason so its more like pain in the entire animal kingdom