The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag? Good or bad?

Darth-Buldge

Question

Short Answer - Yes

Long Answer - 

She is very useful for cc and just nuking corpus. She is kind of garbage against infested other than crowd control. Let me reword that, she is the best frame to take on corpus, she is decent for grineer, for the reduced Armour on her crush augment mod. She is worst against infested, maybe use the augment for crowd control along with pull. She is pretty good against corrupted. She can nuke anything with Armour and gain over Shields (Purple shields) if you use shield transference. which i use for corpus and corrupted. Build her for range and efficiency mostly throw a bit of strength and health in there. if i remember correctly my build for corpus is below

Energy Siphon - Cunning Drift (The range one) - Arcane Coil Helmet (Adds range)

Fleeting Expertise - Over Extended - Stretch - Streamline - Intensify - Redirection or vitality personal preference - Shield Transference - Transient fortitude 

Edit - I hated greedy pull, thats all people wanted on their team and i didnt enjoy sitting in a bubble spamming 1 

Edited by Codesco
Forgot some info

3 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

She can still permanently ragdoll enemies and restore ally shields, which is something that is apparently easy for people to forget.

She is not useless by any means. There's just a lot of better options.

Ragdolling enemys isn't exactly a good type of CC. Frost permanently freezes targets. Scaling from corpus is good, but expensive af and...saryn is strange enough better at killing corpus then mag is wo any effort. This, her better playstyle, kinda auto-disables her CC as it also becomes expensive and impossible to substain (as DE destroyed greedy pull)

Short answer: no. Bad frame, bad prime.