The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Noob questions!

Makuzex

Question

I've asked some on another forum, so apologies if I repeat some of those and you read those to know that the question is a repeat...

1.) What are THEE things to buy with Plat?

1a.) What are THEE things to NOT buy with Plat?

2.) Where are the "Dragon" and "Sand/Anubis" frames at? I can't find their blueprints in the store.

2a.) Also cannot find a decent amount of weapons blueprints as well in the marketplace...where they hiding?

3.) Oberon pieces...where to farm them Q_Q?

4.) Where to get quests? I did 2-3 and is "making" some now...weird...

5.) How to rank up Syndicates? I can do the first initiation, and even though I have the things needed for the next step, I need a title first...guess I should ask  how do I get that title xP?

6.) Meta weapons? (I feel like I am doing diddly damage)

6a.) Meta frames?

6c.) Meta sentinels? (I've seen many carriers and almost nothing else.)

7.) Level 40-50 missions? How does this work, my Frame caps out at 30 along with my weapons and such.

8.) I notice we have emotes now, are there more to get? If so, how?

9.) Is ANYTHING and EVERYTHING cosmetic only obtainable through Plat? Like skins for weapons/ships/sentinels?

10.) Meta Mods?            Should have put this on up there ^, but I'm to lazy to do anything other then point it out -_-

Note: I am a returning player and boy howdy am I surprised on how much the game changed...outside the grinding of course.

Was still a noob back then though, so not much has changed on my part. Thanks ahead of time to any and all who reply!

56 minutes ago, Makuzex said:

-snip-

1.) Oh yeah, does Baro sell Icons? Sorry if this is the one someone said that is exclusively on the marketplace...

2.) Also, do things like Icons, bundles, frames, weapons yatta-yatta on the market ever go on sale?

1.)Baro has not sold icons, although they don't have a Baro icon yet.....they've got a Baro Ki'Teer noggle and sentinel accessory an icon could be in the future.

2.) Stuff can go on sale, Darvo is in relays (next to Simaris, Darvo also has a quest you can do for him) and he has deals that rotate out every 12 hours I think. Not all of them are good, but some can be 50% off or even 80% off weapons (should include slot and catalyst). There's deals on select items occasionally, but not sure how often. I know there was a number of things on sale during Black Friday.

4 minutes ago, Maicael said:

1.)Baro has not sold icons, although they don't have a Baro icon yet.....they've got a Baro Ki'Teer noggle and sentinel accessory an icon could be in the future.

2.) Stuff can go on sale, Darvo is in relays (next to Simaris, Darvo also has a quest you can do for him) and he has deals that rotate out every 12 hours I think. Not all of them are good, but some can be 50% off or even 80% off weapons (should include slot and catalyst). There's deals on select items occasionally, but not sure how often. I know there was a number of things on sale during Black Friday.

1.) so I would be safe buying that "Icon bundle"?

2.) First time me hearing, or remembering, this Darvo fella. So there s ANOTHER merchant on the relay's...why aren't there huge signs showing their locations -_-

Btw, how does using the catalyst or cells or X work with increasing the amount of points you can use with mods?

14 minutes ago, Makuzex said:

1.) so I would be safe buying that "Icon bundle"?

2.) First time me hearing, or remembering, this Darvo fella. So there s ANOTHER merchant on the relay's...why aren't there huge signs showing their locations -_-

Btw, how does using the catalyst or cells or X work with increasing the amount of points you can use with mods?

Catalysts on weapons and Reactors on Warframes/Comanions (basically the same thing, but specified what they can be used on) basically just give you 2 mod points for each item level instead of 1, so you can fit a total of 60 mod points on it.

Polarized slots are marked with a symbol on them that matches the symbol on some mods. If you place a mod with the same symbol on a slot, then the cost against your total is halved (ex: Maxed Vitality is 12 points, if you put it on a matching slot it only subtracts 6 leaving you with 54 points). However, putting a mod that doesn't match into the slot will increase the drain (ex: Vitality goes from 12 to 14 or 16, can't remember exactly how much it's increased).

Forma can be used on a rank 30 warframe/weapon to polarize a slot. It resets it to rank 0, but lets you fit higher ranked mods onto your item once it's leveled up again.

5 minutes ago, Maicael said:

Catalysts on weapons and Reactors on Warframes/Comanions (basically the same thing, but specified what they can be used on) basically just give you 2 mod points for each item level instead of 1, so you can fit a total of 60 mod points on it.

Polarized slots are marked with a symbol on them that matches the symbol on some mods. If you place a mod with the same symbol on a slot, then the cost against your total is halved (ex: Maxed Vitality is 12 points, if you put it on a matching slot it only subtracts 6 leaving you with 54 points). However, putting a mod that doesn't match into the slot will increase the drain (ex: Vitality goes from 12 to 14 or 16, can't remember exactly how much it's increased).

Forma can be used on a rank 30 warframe/weapon to polarize a slot. It resets it to rank 0, but lets you fit higher ranked mods onto your item once it's leveled up again.

Awesome! Thanks :D

Question though, if said item is already max level, would I get the difference in points?

6 minutes ago, Makuzex said:

Awesome! Thanks :D

Question though, if said item is already max level, would I get the difference in points?

Whatever level your item is at it when it's put on it will just multiply it by 2. So a level 16 frame would go from 16 points to 32 points and then gain 2 points for each level gained afterwards.

2 minutes ago, Maicael said:

Whatever level your item is at it when it's put on it will just multiply it by 2. So a level 16 frame would go from 16 points to 32 points and then gain 2 points for each level gained afterwards.

Woo hoo! Hope is not lost xD

thanks again~