Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo: What we want!

New_Zion

Hello warframe user, I'm glad that you took the time to read this. Lets get to the point of this topic: Limbo.

Limbo, to me, is a very interesting frame that gets a pretty fair proportion, from the community, of love and hate. The reason being is because Limbo essentially has no other good use other than being a defense frame. With Banish and Rift Walk being the same ability, and Rift Surge not buffing anyone else but the Limbo himself, he is not good for any other strategy except for defense. In sortie missions, Limbo is highly preferred for his ability to Banish the operative, granting him complete invulnerability from the physical, material world. This is where he is good. In mobile defense, alongside defense, Limbo was blessed with Cataclysm; an ability where Limbo spawns a pocket dimension in the shape of a bubble that loses size over time. Due to the mechanics of the Rift Plane, anything inside of that Cataclysm "bubble" is granted all the benefits of spawning a pocket dimension. Semi-invulnerability, 2-energy-per-second-regeneration, and the simple fact that Limbo can isolate just about anything from the physical world. 

Personally, I have just started using Frost, and I can say that he is a pretty well made defense frame! His kit compliments the defensive role that he carries in the team. Frost is able to spawn (several) snow globes, each being reliant on Frost's armor, health, and power strength mods to ensure a better defense. Granted, allies inside of the globe earn a very solid defense from almost all enemy attacks. They can also shoot anything outside of the globe, whereas enemies cannot shoot whatever is inside the globe. Essentially, they can only harm the globe, and even when enemies enter the globe's chilly atmosphere, they are slowed down by a significant extent so that the team can quickly dispose them as they are slowed. On top of that, frost even has an augment where enemies have a chance to be completely frozen upon entering the snow globe! That is amazingly convenient! 

So, you just read what Frost can do as a defense frame. Limbo is essentially the only other frame that can defend an objective by using some sort of defensive, spherical object that isolates the objective, and the enemies that are programmed to attack said objective. To add salt-upon-wound, Limbo is never used for anything else other than protecting an NPC or a cryopod. If the community responds and uses Limbo for defensive strategies only, then why don't we give him a rework to actually make him more defensive, as many of us use him for anyways?

In that case, I think that Limbo first needs to have Banish/Rift Walk to be on the same button. Similar to Ivara's unique option to press 1 to switch arrow types, and holding down 1 being the initiation of Ivara using that arrow type, Limbo should have it so that pressing 1 banishes, and HOLDING 1 banishes himself. As his second ability, a new one, Limbo throws a small orb of the rift plane at an enemy. Said enemy is stunned, and a small AOE rift plane is opened up around him, being able to have nearby enemies come inside the 'rift orb', following their every move for the remaining duration. As a new mechanic, Rift Surge becomes a passive, so that all allies inside the rift are given the same damage multiplier increase that Limbo earns.  This makes it so that allies inside the cataclysm are capable of shooting out of the cataclysm, without the dirty tricks being used like Volt's electric shield exploit. Limbo's third ability, as Rift Surge is now an overall mechanic of the rift, is replaced with Cataclysm. The only changes made to Cataclysm is that the energy per second regen rate is increased based on Limbo's power strength. i.e a maxed Intensify will give a 4 energy per second regen rate for all allies inside of the rift. To add a cherry on top, any enemy that enters the Cataclysm, is debuffed with an automatic impact proc that lasts for 4 seconds,  making enemies fall on their face as they challenge the pocket dimension. I thought of giving the enemies a movement speed reduction, but that is far too alike to snow globe's enemy debuff.

Honestly, I don't actually have any clue as to what his new fourth ability could be. With my suggestions, Limbo is already fixed of his many ailments, which is why I can't think of anything for his fourth ability. Anyhow, give any suggestions questions or concerns in the comment section below, and lets hope that DE is coming with that promised Limbo rework soon!  maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by llam_Papi

My wishes for LImbo:

Rift Walk - when in Rift gains 1/2/3/4 health regen per sec.

Rift Armour (Rift Surge) -  when Rift Surge is active we gain damage reduction for 75/50/33/25% of  initial damage from sources in rift.

Rift Trap (Catalyst) - enemies who walk in the Caraclysm cant walk out before duration expires.

The general kit of Limbo i understand and it is ok. There is just a problem that enemies just walk in and out ur cataclysm and ignore the whole thing. And we are too squishy to encounter enemies in rift.

For me, I'm fine with his abilities of the most part, though maybe some changes would be good.

Passive: While in the Rift Limbo gets the damage buff Rift Surge would have given him. The effect might need to be reduced.

Banish: Functions normally, but holding the button will banish nearby enemies around the target as well. Pretty much stole this from Archwizard.

Rift Walk: Stays the same.

Rift Surge: Damages (and possibly stuns) all enemies in the Rift. This would allow him to damage enemies in the Rift without having to enter it himself and give him some utility with the blind effect. If not this, then the Rift Portal idea, again stolen from Archwizard.

Cataclysm: Functions the same, but now allows for full interaction with the environment. That means that everyone can hack consoles, power cells won't be dropped, loot can be picked up, ect.

While I find the OP's suggestions interesting, I also feel like it wouldn't be necessary. Limbo's current abilties, for the most part, work fine, and I actually like having Banish and Rift Walk as two separate abilities. It means that there isn't any mistake in which I'm going for. That said, the hold mechanic would be great to get multiple enemies in the Rift, which would seriously be nice. Having allies get his new Rift Surge Passive would also be nice, though then it may very well be too much.

Honestly though, if all they changed was so that cataclysm allowed you to hack consoles and pick up items, I'd be happy.

Edited by Thursley

54 minutes ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

Make him the ultimate spy frame, capable of sapping enemy robotics and disguising as enemies to get past enemy guards and camera

That would be pretty cool, though I think he's supposed to be less "sneaky" and more a master of his own domain in terms of game feel. The fact that he's a pretty good spy frame is more coincidence I think.

Perhaps something that would go with his mathematics background? I'd love a skill based around probability, like say having random events take place. Perhaps when using it it restored everyone's energy... or caused a massive explosion, killing everyone. And perhaps power strength would increase the odds for more favorable events, but still gave the possibility for negative ones. It would be a completely unnecessary and silly ability... and I loved it without question.