Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Staticor

Flamingauss

I can't be the only one that thinks this weapon needs a different firing and wielding stance. Like a mix between the punchy melees and the charge is a like a kamehameha, but instead of a full on laser just a bigger bolt....that esplodes. Please tell me there are works into making this not look like a throw-able secondary there's so much potential especially for what it looks like.

Essentially this would serve a better purpose as a melee weapon than a ranged sidearm? I totally would go for that, or at least if they had a "sidearm stance" which would influence fire rate/ accuracy or anything similar.... like how gangs would wield pistols compared to police (merely a comparison)...

Generally the Sonicor just feels like a clunky solo staticor, and seems to do a better job at annoying enemies.

4 minutes ago, LouseFur said:

Essentially this would serve a better purpose as a melee weapon than a ranged sidearm? I totally would go for that, or at least if they had a "sidearm stance" which would influence fire rate/ accuracy or anything similar.... like how gangs would wield pistols compared to police (merely a comparison)...

Generally the Sonicor just feels like a clunky solo staticor, and seems to do a better job at annoying enemies.

I was also seeing that as well. Like our nice shotgun sword. It honestly would work well. as both. Maybe there will be a variant that uses the staticor. IDK Just some ideas, glad I'm not the only one.

Well... we went from ninjas in space... to deranged gunslingers that smack things with over sized swords, axes and hammers.... so why not add some "gunjutsu"?

Make sidearms "melee-able"? or DE could create a frame whose abilities depend on the weapons it wields? That would be nice as well..

Though, tbh, I just want the option of choosing where I holster my weapons first.

-.- WE need more ranged melee.... gunblade and whips.... what about laser staffs, rocket fists etc... DE, expand your horizons ^^

Before anything i think it needs a fix first. I hope DE are working on the issue of it firing blanks most of the time (host / non host doesnt matter). Once i was doing a solo mission when the stalker appeared & i was was doing 0 dmg to him with my ignis. So i switch to my staticor only to realise that it was firing blanks & ultimately die at his hands. 

Never had any issues with staticor myself... not with blanks anyway... but they do have a "melee discharge" mechanic that is kinda lame and ineffective. 

From personal experience, pure element weapons don't deal that well with some bosses... or objects... since they are not seen as solid, I guess (not 100% sure, but have had energy weapons fail on me in boss fights)

I think one example is that some weapons don't charge Nova's AMD when you shoot at it...

Regardless of the above, staticor feels underwhelming and really needs some attention... it also sounds horrendous when rapid firing, and the glare can blind you.

9 minutes ago, AbhijitSM said:

Before anything i think it needs a fix first. I hope DE are working on the issue of it firing blanks most of the time (host / non host doesnt matter). Once i was doing a solo mission when the stalker appeared & i was was doing 0 dmg to him with my ignis. So i switch to my staticor only to realise that it was firing blanks & ultimately die at his hands. 

Hah, you got here first :)

Yes, first and foremost it needs a fix. I love this weapon and yet it bugs way too often.

It is weird for me, because it seems so very random.

Sometimes it bugs when I get downed. Sometimes just simply after switching weapons, but then another switch usually fixes it. On some maps it does not work at all and I have to die first. It used to bug more often when picking up power core for excavators or datamass but now it happens only ocasionally, which is an improvement. Also it has bugged on me on few occasions upon casting Mirage's ulti.

Just now, Im_The_Real_Dirty_Dan said:

Dang, havent had that bug happen to me yet, just got them and only have used them i bit. Nice to be warned though. I'm sure DE will surprise us eventually....they always do.

It's been around since the weapon was added, and only a few fixes since then tried to address the problem.

Being that it is still fairly new, it should be up there in terms in terms of priority.

8 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

It's been around since the weapon was added, and only a few fixes since then tried to address the problem.

Being that it is still fairly new, it should be up there in terms in terms of priority.

yeah exactly.Usually stuff like this is fixed fairly quickly, I was still in Basic Training  when this thing came out so Idk how new it is......I missed a lot I can say that, pretty upset about missing that lat event. In any case I look forward to what thay can do to make this weapon more unique.

I've never had a problem with it firing blanks, but I have discovered a bug. While in the Rift with Limbo, you can still melee and kill enemies outside the Rift with the Staticor. So you can stay safe in the Rift and kill enemies without worrying about taking any damage yourself.