The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Physx won`t work

Bizzaro21

Question

hey peeps,

so like title says, Nvidia physx won`t work here for some reason, it`s supported, i have it ticked, restarted 3 times so far, tested every item I know that caused particles before U18.5 as i had it on for a while (then FPS forced me to shut it off)

am I doing something wrong? the same procedures with the same PC as before

thank you

5 answers to this question

I'm kinda confused, you're saying its checked off that you have it on, but not displaying the particle effects?

If you go to the nvidia control panel in your task bar. Rummage through the settings until you get to the physx properties. Switch what is controlling it to see if that works. It generally will default to GPU controlling it, if it's set to that then switch it to CPU and see if that helps or vice versa.

Another thing that could be causing nothing to display is if the game is set to a lower version of Direct X. I believe in the graphics settings there is a way to switch it, make sure you're on the highest one.

38 minutes ago, Coaa said:

I'm kinda confused, you're saying its checked off that you have it on, but not displaying the particle effects?

If you go to the nvidia control panel in your task bar. Rummage through the settings until you get to the physx properties. Switch what is controlling it to see if that works. It generally will default to GPU controlling it, if it's set to that then switch it to CPU and see if that helps or vice versa.

Another thing that could be causing nothing to display is if the game is set to a lower version of Direct X. I believe in the graphics settings there is a way to switch it, make sure you're on the highest one.

switched to CPU but didnt help, as for the directx, how do i change that? it`s not in display settings

EDIT: and if u mean the launcher settings, both directx10 and directx11 are on

Edited by Bizzaro21