Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Sense/thief's Wit Tweaks

Arcalane

Running around in the Void a few times with these on got me thinking - they're often passed over in favour of other more 'important' frame mods, like defensive boosts or powers and power-related accessories. But they're pretty good utility mods... on the other hand, why not give them another useful function?

Enemy Sense:

On top of highlighting any enemies on radar within 5/10/15/20/25/30 meters, it also adds a red outline to any enemies within half/two-thirds that distance; this outline can be seen through cover. This not only gives you long-distance perception of enemies on the minimap, it also helps when fighting enemies either in very dark locations or when they're taking cover a lot.

So for example, a max level Enemy Sense shows any enemy within 30m as a red blip on your radar, and enemies in your field of view and within 15m/20m have a reddish outline.

That or it'd make a pretty useful new mod all by itself - though in that case I would significantly increase the range.

Thief's Wit:

As with Enemy Sense, Thief's Wit would have a new function; it highlights any dropped modules within half the radar distance, similar to the teammate-blue glow-outline they used to have back in Closed Beta. You'll still miss modules if you aren't paying attention or if they fall outside of your field of view.

I feel this would be too narrowly-focused to be its own mod.

I think that being added to Enemy Sense would be a little bit overpowered. Maybe if it only highlights them when they are actively aggressive (i.e shooting, e.t.c).

I do like your idea about Thief's Wit though, if it were to highlight dropped mods.... that would be awesome.

idk man i like the enemy sense idea but i remembered playing skyrim or oblivion and i could see everything (detect life) on like half the map. i kinda found having a large range was annoying as hell. the shorter ranges are better, make sure crawlers dont creep up on you or grineers dont flank from behind a wall. a range of like 3x the max melee distance would be optimal imo

I second both of these ides. These mods are currently to easy to pass over for ability upgrades and other warframe mods. (And in the case of enemy sense, the artifact card.)

We need more and better mod options so that things are actually customizing instead of everyone running the same builds.

I think that being added to Enemy Sense would be a little bit overpowered. Maybe if it only highlights them when they are actively aggressive (i.e shooting, e.t.c).

I do like your idea about Thief's Wit though, if it were to highlight dropped mods.... that would be awesome.

I was trying to make it useful for stealth as well as combat, but I suppose it shouldn't be too hard to tie the state of the outline to the enemy's alert status so that it only shows if they're actively engaged or hunting for you.

Yeah, we used to have glowing mods back in CBT, they had this nice blue glow similar to teammates if they were behind a wall or whatever. If you weren't paying attention or looking for them you would still miss them, but it also meant teammates didn't have to tag them all the time. I've seen people be quite strongly against the notion of auto-tagging mods, so I figured why not bring back an old feature as a function of a somewhat-overlooked mod?

--------------------------------------------

idk man i like the enemy sense idea but i remembered playing skyrim or oblivion and i could see everything (detect life) on like half the map. i kinda found having a large range was annoying as hell. the shorter ranges are better, make sure crawlers dont creep up on you or grineers dont flank from behind a wall. a range of like 3x the max melee distance would be optimal imo

That'd be quite a range if it was compared to the Orthos' lunge, especially if you stuck Reach on top of that! I think the effect would also be quite subtle, so hopefully it wouldn't be too obnoxious. 

--------------------------------------------

DE just should merge enemy sense and thiefs wit since you can have an artifact like enemy radar.

At that point you might as well just make both an integral part of the 'frame and not have them as a mod card or artifact at all.

That or the card would have to run up to 9-10pts or something to max out.

Thief's Wit:

As with Enemy Sense, Thief's Wit would have a new function; it highlights any dropped modules within half the radar distance, similar to the teammate-blue glow-outline they used to have back in Closed Beta. You'll still miss modules if you aren't paying attention or if they fall outside of your field of view.

I feel this would be too narrowly-focused to be its own mod.

Id love that ability with thiefs wit, and thats been suggested a billion times.

But instead they took away beacons so now we have no idea if someone picked it up or not and can't help others we play with grab mods anymore...

Ah... *taps nose* I see what you did there DE! You say we're not farming enough, or need to play in Solo mode more often. That must be  what your thinking...

Honestly, Thief's Wit is awesome. I used it the other day in place of Flow which I was still yet to drop and levelled for the hell of it. I found loads of little hidey holes (even one in the roof on the old Grineer maps, wtf) and in the Void, well, secrets not so secret.

I do wish though that it also marked green lockers, idk why it doesn't already tbh. Marking dropped mods on the map like it does with resources would be cool too though.

Enemy sense is a really useful mod / artefact but not quite as useful as some others.