Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Movement As Of Today Is Downright Garbage

Bushinji

It's so sad seeing this game loosing bits of it "ninja-ness" patch after patch. Another slide cooldown reduction? Come on are we Ninja TURTLES?
I admit when we were still able to spam slide after slide it looked quite dumb.
But let's say I like using melee quite A LOT in Warframe and am not some Call of Duty victim sticking to range weapons. Let's say I'm being chased by a good horde of Infested: No I don't facetank the whole wave while dumbly spamming the melee button. I go NINJA and slide attack the whole wave while avoiding incoming damage. And with the new update? Oh sorry, feels quite effed up with all that ever-changing acceleration and more importantly the ever-changing RANGE of your slide attack.
It's pretty uncomfortable to have an inconsistent behavior of your character especially when you change your melee weapon a lot because you goddamn love it so much.

Alright, let's face the fact why this annoying nerf is all happening, shall we?
An evil demon called "Rushers" is plaguing the game and we need to numb the players movement down so that everyone has the SAME FREAKIN PLAYSTYLE because that's the ONLY WAY the game is supposed to be played and don't you think you can go all speedy in this game, you impatient fool......what is that? You could just make every objective UNABLE TO COMPLETE UNTIL THE WHOLE TEAM ARRIVES at the destination? Or set a timer until a boss fight starts when the whole team is not there yet? Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
...or you could just take the idea from a recent livestream and let the player choose whether he wants to do a "rushing mission" or a "scavenging mission". Yup. Done. Crap that was easy...?

All that fooling around aside: What I am saying is that if you as a player choose to be all quick and flexible like how you imagine what a ninja is supposed to be like than this should not be taken from you. This game has/had so much potential to be a really fun fast-paced game and extending first-person shooter gameplay to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL - giving players a high-speed combat and giving them the feeling they're athletic, agile and powerful Warframes/ninjas.
Don't miss that chance. Do your own thing.

Edit: Saying "chain slide slashing looks stupid" is one of the worst arguments you can bring up here because this will not prevent me from chain slide slashing, only difference now is that I'll do 4-5 steps in between. Still looks the same if you think about it.

Edited by Bushinji

To be honest, i don't see a problem here.

Some Frames are slower, OK.

But to counter that, there are enough mods which address just that.

Rush, Marathon, Quickrest...

If you want to move faster, you can.

If you want to be tanky instead, you can with using Redirect, Vitality, Steelfiber instead.

If you want to use a lot of skills, use Flow, Streamline, Focus and so on.

A Warframe has enough Mod slots to improve your stats in two out of these three possible playstyles.

Edited by Walkampf

In all honesty, I have a hard time agreeing with this. The threads keep popping up, because people can't spam jump/slide anymore, but there are a boatload more options on how to get around. Most rooms have walls. Wallruns into walljumps are really fast. And parcour traversing still works fine. There is suddenly a cooldown on one element (sliding) and the entire movement is "downright garbage"?

Can't follow. Did you really just repeat jump/slide before?

[size=2]Disclaimer: I am not a DE employee. This is not a company opinion. I do not speak for DE. I am not trying to instigate unrest. I am 100% confused how such a minor change to one aspect of movement spells the doom and downfall of the entire toolbox of motions.[/size]

Why no optional extraction ? If youre one of this "firsttards" everyone will be happy you pissed off.

Also teammates can be in the mission a little bit longer without a timer reminding them that someone with the attention span of a goldfish wants to snack through missions.

To be honest, i don't see a problem here.

Some Frames are slower, OK.

But to counter that, there are enough mods which address just that.

Rush, Marathon, Quickrest...

If you want to move faster, you can.

If you want to be tanky instead, you can with using Redirect, Vitality, Steelfiber instead.

Want to use a lot of skills, use Flow, Streamline, Focus and so on.

A Warframe has enough Mod slots to improve your stats in two out of these three possible playstyles.

The problem is that the difference between the slowest warframe (0.8) and the fastes warframe (1.6) is +100% and mods only give 30%.

The mods being percentage based means that the speeds are upgraded proportionately, also Rush still only works with sprinting not base movement.

A Rhino is NEVER going to catch up with an (unmodded) Loki even with maxed Rush, Quick Rest and Marathon because he will have 1.2 sprint while Loki still has 1.6

Not to mention that these frames usually are wasted with a Rush setup.

The movement chains were a way to normalize the difference.

In all honesty, I have a hard time agreeing with this. The threads keep popping up, because people can't spam jump/slide anymore, but there are a boatload more options on how to get around. Most rooms have walls. Wallruns into walljumps are really fast. And parcour traversing still works fine. There is suddenly a cooldown on one element (sliding) and the entire movement is "downright garbage"?

Disclaimer: I am not a DE employee. This is not a company opinion. I do not speak for DE. I am not trying to instigate unrest. I am 100% confused how such a minor change to one aspect of movement spells the doom and downfall of the entire toolbox of motions.

This personally i find the slide cooldown barely noticeable so i don't see why its a big deal.

Edited by BoompigXD

Disclaimer: I am not a DE employee. This is not a company opinion. I do not speak for DE. I am not trying to instigate unrest. I am 100% confused how such a minor change to one aspect of movement spells the doom and downfall of the entire toolbox of motions.

#sickOfexcuses. 

the concept of this game has been destroyed.

Edited by aerokiss

League of Legends may have ruined gaming for good. If something seems powerful in relation to something else we have to "nerf" it in order to achieve "balance". Why can't we just have a bunch of really fun and strong abilities in the game? Why do we have to tone down the game to meet some 10 year old's expectation of the game? Whatever happened to playing games for enjoyment? 

Warframe wasn't about spinning around on your knees, you know.

Attackspin abuse =/= ninja speed.

You seem to know an awful lot what this game is or isn't about.

Would you like to share the source your omniscience?

Edited by Mietz

The problem is that the difference between the slowest warframe (0.8) and the fastes warframe (1.6) is +100% and mods only give 30%.

The mods being percentage based means that the speeds are upgraded proportionately, also Rush still only works with sprinting not base movement.

A Rhino is NEVER going to catch up with an (unmodded) Loki even with maxed Rush, Quick Rest and Marathon because he will have 1.2 sprint while Loki still has 1.6

Not to mention that these frames usually are wasted with a Rush setup.

The movement chains were a way to normalize the difference.

It's like DE are creating contradictions with each update XD

Warframe wasn't about spinning around on your knees, you know.

Attackspin abuse =/= ninja speed.

did you know that some ppl actually use that to attack? even before it got the hammer i've only seen some ppl use it. mostly slower frames..

Just because slide cooldown is added? I'VE BARELY EVEN FREAKIN NOTICED IT!

*sigh* Internet these days.

I've notied it alot =\

some of the ninja-like actions that were possible in certains areas of the levels that I actually thought were pretty cool.. are just gone now lol.

-5 fun >;c 

critical stat loss.

You seem to know an awful lot what this game is or isn't about.

Would you like to share the source your omniscience?

Perhaps from the fact that I've never seen or heard of any ninja in any source of media moving faster by sitting on this thighs and rapidly spinning in circles?

If somebody told me that out of the context of Warframe, they'd be laughed out of the room.

Again, because I haven't received an answer yet:

There is suddenly a cooldown on one element (sliding) and the entire movement is "downright garbage"?

Did you really just repeat jump/slide before?

Awaiting responses.

I've notied it alot =\

some of the ninja-like actions that were possible in certains areas of the levels that I actually thought were pretty cool.. are just gone now lol.

-5 fun >;c 

critical stat loss.

Learn how to use the wallrun

Nuff said.

I did.
With Rhino, most of the time that was my way of catching up with others. It made some kind of difference, but whatever. I'm still driving a bulldozer lol XD
Rhino is too swole to control.

Edited by Gungrave_8

Perhaps from the fact that I've never seen or heard of any ninja in any source of media moving faster by sitting on this thighs and rapidly spinning in circles?

If somebody told me that out of the context of Warframe, they'd be laughed out of the room.

I never saw a ninja in any source of media using magnetic powers to crush my enemies into tiny squares.

What now, Sherlock?

Your arguments are bad and you should feel bad.

And no, stop searching the Naruto wiki for an example of this happening.

Edited by Mietz