Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Split chamber

Mangofox

Question

11 answers to this question

In the case of simulor, it lowers the maximum range of each orb causing its effective shot range to be lowered.

For bows, I haven't bothered with it on there when it used to cause my arrows to stray much like putting a Heavy Caliber mod on there making it harder to aim. Could be different now, but as I've said haven't used it on bows in a while.

Edited by SurrealEdge

2 minutes ago, Mangofox said:

Does split chamber work on all weapons? Some I can see working but others I cant....for example I can see 2 arrows but I cant see 2 orbs from either version of simulor or any kind of graphical hint from ignis etc.

If used on a Simulor the orbs immediately combine. So Split Chamber isn't that great on the Simulors.
And yes, the mod works on all primaries that aren't shotguns.

34 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

If used on a Simulor the orbs immediately combine. So Split Chamber isn't that great on the Simulors.
And yes, the mod works on all primaries that aren't shotguns.

the more combined orbs, the more power

and if it doesnt work the modding is wrong or the enemy a hardcore one =)

i like to see the bombards and machinegunqueens dancing their own way at ...

39 minutes ago, aoguro_ said:

the more combined orbs, the more power

and if it doesnt work the modding is wrong or the enemy a hardcore one =)

i like to see the bombards and machinegunqueens dancing their own way at ...

The problem is you can stack the orbs of the simulor. Each Stack adds more damage. If you use Split Chamber you will not gain additional damage. Maybe it's a bug. Maybe it's a feature. The point is it's like that right now. So adding a Split Chamber to your Simulor-Weapon will hurt your over all damage.

23 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

The problem is you can stack the orbs of the simulor. Each Stack adds more damage. If you use Split Chamber you will not gain additional damage. Maybe it's a bug. Maybe it's a feature. The point is it's like that right now. So adding a Split Chamber to your Simulor-Weapon will hurt your over all damage.

Unless you're on a Mirage.  Then, using split chamber gives you a vortex every time you pull the trigger when you've got Hall of Mirrors up.

1 hour ago, moronicacid said:

Idk but i really like SC on my simulor,it makes more singularity.

More singularity,more booms.

The singularity is the vortex. The vortex gives you no 'boom'. The 'boom' comes from combining orbs. The more orbs you combine the more damages you get. But SC limits the damage you are able to achieve. That's why SC is bad...

So a rapid fire mod is probably better in place of SC? Been looking at a few builds and seems to be differing thoughts on how to mod....some go for base dmg + elemental some seem to mod for base dmg and crit.....I favor the dmg+elemental as the base crit seems so low.....unless im missing a trick somewhere......?

If we talk about the Simulors, then yes, you should not use Split Chamber. Use an additional Elemental-Dmg-Mod or a Faction-Dmg-Mod.
On every other weapon, you should always use Split Chamber.
And you should always read the Patch-Notes, because DE want to rework the whole multishot-mechanic. And maybe then Split Chamber wont be that useful anymore. But we will see...