The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn needs to be unnerfed

TiberiumDreams

I will post a youtube video on how saryn is able to clear an entire room in 10 seconds, and then, everyone will do this: 

1 hour ago, (PS4)xKAIOWAx said:

Why we dont try make friendship with all enemies factions? We can drink tea talk about poneys... Im really dont understand what the problem some ppls see in kill enemies , fast or slow, this game need change this stupid kill score to stop this concept about kill disputes , this s a co op game if someone kill fast , help him to kill faster , help him you help team and youself , this s not difficult to understand 

:))

On 3/19/2016 at 0:03 AM, TiberiumDreams said:

I'm just going to say this much because I am not the kind of person who knows how to explain the math of abilities an whatnot.

The fact that I have to turn my Saryn into a Regen Molt Tank along with a ridiculously high Energy pool with a Life Steal weapon to make her at all useful in sortie and end-game missions means that you have done something wrong with her rework.

Honestly, the only way you can possible play her is with some form of Fleeting Expertise/Streamline combination, alongside a Trinity, or with about a million Energy Restores. You run out of energy long before you've built up to Miasma, and unless you're running around with a weapon, you're not doing any real damage. The whole "1, 2, 4" combination doesn't work entirely because of time.

You use 1, pop some spores and spread it, toss down your 2 and let the AOE happen and, if you get lucky, you might catch the very end of your 2 with your 4 for massive damage. Why in the world did you make her Molt not scale like a Frost bubble or an Atlas' rockwall? That would've upped her survivability and damage to at least quell SOME of the "This is just a nerf!" cries, but you didn't and that's just one more thing to complain about.

The fact of the matter is that she isn't ANY kind of role anymore. She's not a support, she's not a caster, she's really nothing unless you build her for tank because her abilities are just too time consuming, and the effect of her abilities just don't scale to high level enemies to make her useful. No Frame should be "Press 4 to win", but no Frame deserves this kind of treatement.

sounds like u dont at all understand this frame, right now she is in a REALLY GREAT SPOT. i am so happy she isnt just another dull lame 1 button frame. u need to look up how to play her... right now shes is just epic. i petty much rip ppl apart with the combos. all her skills feed into each other, doing combos. and i love it. frames that arnt so easy are the most fun to master n play. btw her role is DEATH

( btw, the lv of stuff i kill is 100+ so dont think i am talkin about lv40s lol)

Edited by Urska
DEATH!

I find these threads to be over made and extremely stupid because all that people do with the new saryn is not use her but *@##$ about her. I'm just going to say 4 things, 1k kills on Draco... And that was with a radial javelin excal and BS Ash. The RJ excel got 179 kills and the ash got around 147.

So put down your damn pitchforks and listen, Saryn is now BETTER than she was before. I'm easily outputting over 200k damage  every time viral and poison procs, That sounds like nuking right?? Well it's not. Because the 50k Is Viral and the 150k is the toxic proc stacking. I guess you could call it nuking then...but I like to call it strategically melting enemies(and I'm not using miasma, awesome right?) all you need to do is press 2 then one on the molt and put Torid grenades on the molt and spam the S#&$ out of your one key.

Edited by Mr.Snipersmiley101

@akira_him I agree some of her abilities need a little TLC *coughs* miasma *coughs* but her spore falls under the obscured rank of "Hyper Nazi Charzard" when combined with the Torid with pure gas or toxin damage. But her problem is armor, hopefully damage 3.0 fixes this... I was able to solo a t4 survival with naramon and survive for about 130 minutes and I only used miasma to stun enemies while I popped a life support and occasionally pop corrosive procs (I wasn't using any shadow debt mods)

On 19/3/2016 at 2:03 PM, TiberiumDreams said:

I'm just going to say this much because I am not the kind of person who knows how to explain the math of abilities an whatnot.

The fact that I have to turn my Saryn into a Regen Molt Tank along with a ridiculously high Energy pool with a Life Steal weapon to make her at all useful in sortie and end-game missions means that you have done something wrong with her rework.

Honestly, the only way you can possible play her is with some form of Fleeting Expertise/Streamline combination, alongside a Trinity, or with about a million Energy Restores. You run out of energy long before you've built up to Miasma, and unless you're running around with a weapon, you're not doing any real damage. The whole "1, 2, 4" combination doesn't work entirely because of time.

You use 1, pop some spores and spread it, toss down your 2 and let the AOE happen and, if you get lucky, you might catch the very end of your 2 with your 4 for massive damage. Why in the world did you make her Molt not scale like a Frost bubble or an Atlas' rockwall? That would've upped her survivability and damage to at least quell SOME of the "This is just a nerf!" cries, but you didn't and that's just one more thing to complain about.

The fact of the matter is that she isn't ANY kind of role anymore. She's not a support, she's not a caster, she's really nothing unless you build her for tank because her abilities are just too time consuming, and the effect of her abilities just don't scale to high level enemies to make her useful. No Frame should be "Press 4 to win", but no Frame deserves this kind of treatement.

Really? Ok, you may think that saryn just does not scale for endgame but it actually does, i mean lets talk about the effects. Viral + toxin is great ( plus the added status duration from saryn). So,viral reduces health,?and toxin bypasess shields and damages health so viral + toxin : more efficient, more faster way of killing and if you put miasma that takes profit from viral and toxin so it does more damage and scales well for endgamee

I'll be honest, I never used Saryn pre rework so I don't know what she was like, but from what I understand is that she suffered from the 1button2win sysndrome. I'll admit the current Saryn could use some QoL tweaks, but ATM she's a great frame and has become my favorite. Admittedly the energy economy is a bit whack, but the Prime has a massive energy pool to counteract this. Along with Enegy Overflow I rarely run out of energy. Plus of you use your molt effectively you can poison an entire room with less energy cost and much less hassle.

Why does some version of this same thread keep showing up? Saryn is crazy powerful, she's just not reliant on miasma. In fact, if you don't want to use naramon, you don't have to. You only need naramon for melee (and if you have naramon you really don't want to be using a tanky saryn cus you shouldn't get hit to begin with.)

Saryn was actually buffed, and rather significantly. Use spores, and get a toxin or gas inflicting weapon. (Naramon and toxic lash is probably the best way to do this but it's hardly the only way.) The ignus, for example, is pretty good at it. Spore target, inflict toxin, destroy spores (which spreads toxin, triggers viral, and refreshes spores on everything in range.) Toxin procs stack so she can and will very quickly bring down whole rooms with stacked toxin procs. She actually gets more powerful as enemies get stronger, each enemy can take more damage before dying which means she can trigger more toxin procs that she will then spread to everything else (not to mention the value of viral increasing dramatically)