Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does +Melee Range _Really_ Work?

Buddlschlumpf

Question

Recently I acquired the melee range mod, maxxed it and put it onto my scindo. When playing with it, it did not really feel like the range was farther than before. Without +range, it's possible to hit a toxic ancient without getting affected by his AoE DoT. Thus, with +range, it should be really easy to hit a toxic ancient without getting hit yourself. But in the end, it was not easier.

Thus, my question: Does +range on melee weapons really do anything?

21 answers to this question

well... it only effects swings, it has no effect on charge attacks. (noticed you use the Scindo, which is a charge-attack weapon)

Ah it's probably the Zoren to Scindo effect for me then since Zoren has little to no range lol.

I doubt Reach mod works on Charged and Jump attacks, tested alot of times with Fragor, Orthos and Hate. But on normal strike it is quite obvious on my Orthos. So it is good if you are using it on a weapon, preferably duals or light, definitely not heavy.

I got the Mod maxed out as well for the 60% range increase and noticed it does a few things;

Jump attacks with AoE (Scindo/Hate/Fragor/etc.) get a significant range increase on said AoE, but opponents on the far edge seem to only be affected by elemental mods and not the damage (combine it with a Freeze mod to see how many mobs are affected visualy)

'Short' weapons dont seem to get any increase in range (at least not noticeable by me)

Throwing weaopns (only 2 by now) get a further travel distance... tested with the boomeang and it's good/ bad

-> more reach BUT loger waiting time in between thows -> basicly you throw that thing and shoot at least 3-4 mods down before if gets back to you, given it doesnt riccochet and gets back to you prematurely

Orthos seems to be the best choice for the mod since it's the first weapon that has an innate melee range advantage over others (Bo and Amphis might work as well but I don't have/ want those Staffs)

Also... it seems to increase the slide sweep attack range of all weapons accross the board

Couldn't notice any difference on my Reaper Prime.

Couldn't feel anything different with my Orthos either, I swear it doesn't do anything...

I think there's a difference with jump attacks though. Could be wrong though, maybe the Orthos and the Reaper Prime just have large AoE.

Edited by Nugget_

It seems that this mod is a bit buggy currently.  When I first got it, I tested it with a Scindo and noticed no difference whatsoever.  I later tried it on a Dark Sword and found that the range increase was surprisingly impressive on the charge attack.  So far I've tested it on the Glaive, Dark Sword, Scindo, Hate, and Orthos.  It seemed to make no difference on the Glaive and Scindo outside of basic attacks, but had a huge effect on all attacks (charge, slide, jump) for the Hate, Orthos, and Dark Sword.  I'll have to retest the Scindo at some point to see if it was just some temporary bug.

Well ive defonatly noticed it workin, my fragor jump attack (the only one is use) is easy half again the size of the visual shockwave and my orthos' fourth meelee attack (the stab) its at roughly twice the hight of the staff, its good for taking out runners/leapers before they stumble you, really love this mod