The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Animation Disapointment

RamboCreativity

I know this is a bit late with all the new badass Stuff coming in left and right and the game getting much better by the second. I still feel as this is a step down a lack here, you know the old parkour animations of warframe where there was wall running and vaulting, I love the new gliding and other crap but it feels a bit lazy that you would remove very well made wall running that made us really unstealthy and over powered ninjas feel a lot like ninjas things like running up walls and climbing up them that was amazing now we have wall jumping. Can we do something about this? remove the wall jumping and give us the vaulting wall climbing and wall running back but keep everything else I know that the old vaulting kinda like froze you sometimes which was easily fixable by pressing esc and resuming but can we get a better version of that because now... it doesn't feel as fun as it used to I don't even wall run anymore. How about an option to wallrun or jump or something. like everyone could see this guy wall running then you turn around and see this guy jumping up the walls. It's just... why, what happened to all that skill did it just go down the drain?

angry-no.svg

The old parkour system was broken. I remember struggling to wallrun up to a vent, but my warframe kept backfliping all the time. Now you have much more control over what you're doing. Sorry to hear you don't like the animations, but they're here to stay.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)Zashukitsune said:

What bugs?  The new system is leagues beyond anything of the old system.  Now I will admit, I liked the look of the wall run before, but it didn't work anywhere near as well and now I've even grown to love the tenno bunny hop.

lol tenno bunny hop and no I didn't say the the new system has bugs infact it's flawless but can't we just recreate the wall running better and less sh!tty?

Edited by RamboCreativity

29 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Now if there was a way to implement Pakour movements 3, while retaining what we have as mods, air glide and so on, it would be dream. But I doubt it.

this here is what I was trying to say.

Edited by RamboCreativity

The wall running was mainly glitchy because of wall collision, basically DE being too good at the small details on walls that create snags for feet.

The bunny hop basically ignores that problem by going just above the snags.  The only absolute way to keep wall running is to put false details on walls, things we clip through instead of hit.  It's really a case of detailed, solid, good work that didn't mix well.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Zashukitsune said:

The wall running was mainly glitchy because of wall collision, basically DE being too good at the small details on walls that create snags for feet.

The bunny hop basically ignores that problem by going just above the snags.  The only absolute way to keep wall running is to put false details on walls, things we clip through instead of hit.  It's really a case of detailed, solid, good work that didn't mix well.

Oh okay that makes sense.