Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has anyone seen Nelo? It's like a faster looking Warframe.

SicSlaver

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/magicandmirrors/nelo

Looks more skill based and requires twitch reflexes. Really cool design and made by just 2 people! It's only in Alpha and already looks really good. Imagine what it will be like when it's done! I meant the main character reminded me/looks like a Warframe. Otherwise, gameplay wise, it's a lot faster compared to Warframe and more of a hectic shooter. Otherwise, they're not very similar.

Edited by SicSlaver

10 hours ago, morningstar999 said:

Warframe isn't hetic for you? You can go incredibly fast and crazy with it in higher levels with the right team. I rarely find it slow going (unless I'm helping our newer player friends out) 

that game does look really interesting so thanks for showing....! 

It does with the right Warframe composition. There are Warframes that make the game really dull with their CC abilities and invincibility. There are weapons in this game that are extremely overpowered and does not even require you to aim. There are also enemies that give you no chance to respond and feels really cheap. Warframe just doesn't feel very skill reliant, some of the times. So with the right Warframe abilities, right enemy level range where they aren't bullet sponges and the right weapons, the game can be fun.

7 minutes ago, SicSlaver said:

It does with the right Warframe composition. There are Warframes that make the game really dull with their CC abilities and invincibility. There are weapons in this game that are extremely overpowered and does not even require you to aim. There are also enemies that give you no chance to respond and feels really cheap. Warframe just doesn't feel very skill reliant, some of the times. So with the right Warframe abilities, right enemy level range where they aren't bullet sponges and the right weapons, the game can be fun.

Totally depends on how you play yeah but it does mean there's a frame a play style for everyone...

13 hours ago, morningstar999 said:

Warframe isn't hetic for you? You can go incredibly fast and crazy with it in higher levels with the right team. I rarely find it slow going (unless I'm helping our newer player friends out) 

that game does look really interesting so thanks for showing....! 

I guess the difference between this game and Warframe is that Nelo has wider and more open maps for you to move around, and Warframe is far to narrow to be moving super fast and jumping off walls. Maybe that is why the game looks speedier than warframe.

4 hours ago, Mr.ToastForPresident said:

I guess the difference between this game and Warframe is that Nelo has wider and more open maps for you to move around, and Warframe is far to narrow to be moving super fast and jumping off walls. Maybe that is why the game looks speedier than warframe.

Nelo definitely is faster. The open maps are there to accommodate the speedy movement and emphasis on dodging bullets. Hence, sometimes I don't understand DE's design choices. They give us tools to dodge, but I don't think DE ever intended for Warframe's gameplay to really incorporate bullet dodging or dodging in general.

1: They designed that terribly cramp tileset, Eris. It's full of really narrow hallways/vents. There's a tile that appears open, but if you fall/get off the pathway it warps you back up when it shouldn't be necessary.

2: 2/3 of endurance type missions require you to stand around an area: interception and defence.

3: Trials designed around standing on pads to activate stuff and you get punished if you get off of them.

4: Grineer faction enemies use mostly hitscan weapons and rockets with aggressive homing. Their accuracy also increases as they level up, making higher level grineers impossible to dodge.

So our only option is to resort to cheese tactics, where we fire off long range CC abilities before the enemies are near enough to even fire a shot off.

Edited by SicSlaver