Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Charge attacks STILL don't work with certain stances

Soup2504

Or at least, not as they're intended to.

This is something I've brought up in the past, but basically any stance that has an "E hold E" combo interferes with charge attacks. What I mean by this is, if you do what the stance tells you to do for a charge attack (just hold e), instead of doing a charge attack, the weapon does the "E hold E" combo. Now, I'm sure many people are happy that doing an "E hold E" combo is super easy now and you only need to press one button, but this should not be happening. It should be doing a charge attack. That is the intention. That is literally what it says on the stance card. Pulling off a charge attack isn't entirely impossible with these stances though, they just require you to do "E E hold E" to pull them off, but again, this is not how it is supposed to work. And it also increases the amount of time it takes to pull off a charge attack. hooray.

Now I'm just gonna speculate that the reason charge attacks are interfering with these combos is because of the 1 full attack animation happening before the charge animation starts. And it makes sense to me. The game is likely reading your input as "E hold E"  because of the attack animation that happens before the charge, when your input is ACTUALLY "hold E". This is something that absolutely needs fixed. Some ideas? Make the game detect your actual keyboard input. Or remove the forced attack before the charge. Make the time it takes for the game to detect a charge attack faster, and make it cut off the forced attack animation early. Or make charge attacks happen with the alt fire key (which sounds like the easiest and most foolproof way to go about this, but of course I don't know that for sure). This is something that needs to be fixed, because as it stands, these stance mods are making charge attacks not work as intended.

A list of stances with "E hold E" combos, for anyone curious:

Eleventh Storm

Gaia's Tragedy

Burning Wasp

Blind Justice

Decisive Judgement

Vermillion Storm

Malicious Raptor

Atlantis Vulcan

Final Harbringer

Vulpine Mask

vfddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

4 hours ago, DarthJundar said:

I've never had that issue 

Then you clearly haven't tried it. Grab one of the stances I listed, pull out your melee weapon, and hold e. It will not perform the charge attack. It will perform the "E hold E E E" combo instead. I'm literally testing this right now.

The only way to get a charge attack to happen on these stances is to do "E E hold E" instead of just flat out holding E.

This has been happening since the reintroduction of charge attacks. It doesn't happen on ALL stances, just stances with an "E hold E E E" combo.

I'll put it in words with an example

I am using the destreza with vulpine mask. I would like to pull off "veiled riposte" (which is the charge attack). The stance card says to just hold E. I hold E, but for some reason, instead of doing veiled riposte, it does the beginning of "hidden flourish" ( the E hold E E E E E combo).

If you really need me to record a video of my finger pressing E and showing that the charge attack is not working like intended, I will literally do that.

1 minute ago, Soup2504 said:

Then you clearly haven't tried it. Grab one of the stances I listed, pull out your melee weapon, and hold e. It will not perform the charge attack. It will perform the "E hold E E E" combo instead. I'm literally testing this right now.

The only way to get a charge attack to happen on these stances is to do "E E hold E" instead of just flat out holding E.

This has been happening since the reintroduction of charge attacks. It doesn't happen on ALL stances, just stances with an "E hold E E E" combo.

I'll put it in words with an example

I am using the destreza with vulpine mask. I would like to pull off "veiled riposte" (which is the charge attack). The stance card says to just hold E. I hold E, but for some reason, instead of doing veiled riposte, it does the beginning of "hidden flourish" ( the E hold E E E E E combo).

If you really need me to record a video of my finger pressing E and showing that the charge attack is not working like intended, I will literally do that.

I have tried it

in fact I have the exact opposite issue

i can't do E hold e combos. It just charge attacks 

6 minutes ago, DarthJundar said:

in fact I have the exact opposite issue

i can't do E hold e combos. It just charge attacks 

If that is indeed the case for you, and it's not the result of doing it incorrectly, then that is honestly extremely weird.

Either way you look at it (my case, or your case), something is wrong with the implementation of charge attacks in these stances, and needs to be fixed.

What a weird game

hm. Reading back what I wrote I can kinda see where my wording comes off as a little aggressive and/or... belittling? I feel like that's not the word I'm looking for but anyways. Apologies if it came off like that. I am just not good at wording things correctly or in a way I find accurate to what I am thinking, and I come off as aggressive without really meaning to at times. Do note, me saying "if that's the case, and not a result of you doing it wrong", I was not trying to imply that you were doing it wrong (although it sure as hell does sound like that honestly. Very sorry about that). My thought process behind that sentence was more along the lines of "That's really weird and I honestly don't understand how it's possible", but that is because I am not experiencing the same thing as you. So while you are 100% sure that is your case, I wasn't entirely sure about it myself (as I was not experiencing it personally), and I wanted my wording to get the point across that I wasn't too sure how that could be happening, and just how weird I found it to be. Also, for some reason I felt like just saying "If that really is the case for you, then that's weird" would sound rude and dismissive, so I added the "if it's not a result of doing it incorrectly" to sound a bit more neutral lol. but. Looking back at it, that comes off as a lot ruder.

ANYWAYS I'm rambling at this point and it probably barely makes sense.But, I do apologize for coming off as treating you like an idiot, as that was not my intention. It was just a result of poor wording on my part.

Spoiler

NCtxLmc.png

On March 31, 2016 at 10:42 PM, Soup2504 said:

If that is indeed the case for you, and it's not the result of doing it incorrectly, then that is honestly extremely weird.

Either way you look at it (my case, or your case), something is wrong with the implementation of charge attacks in these stances, and needs to be fixed.

What a weird game

I do, do it correctly, and it's really annoying me. It's the only reason I don't use my Lesion

On March 31, 2016 at 11:23 PM, Soup2504 said:

hm. Reading back what I wrote I can kinda see where my wording comes off as a little aggressive and/or... belittling? I feel like that's not the word I'm looking for but anyways. Apologies if it came off like that. I am just not good at wording things correctly or in a way I find accurate to what I am thinking, and I come off as aggressive without really meaning to at times. Do note, me saying "if that's the case, and not a result of you doing it wrong", I was not trying to imply that you were doing it wrong (although it sure as hell does sound like that honestly. Very sorry about that). My thought process behind that sentence was more along the lines of "That's really weird and I honestly don't understand how it's possible", but that is because I am not experiencing the same thing as you. So while you are 100% sure that is your case, I wasn't entirely sure about it myself (as I was not experiencing it personally), and I wanted my wording to get the point across that I wasn't too sure how that could be happening, and just how weird I found it to be. Also, for some reason I felt like just saying "If that really is the case for you, then that's weird" would sound rude and dismissive, so I added the "if it's not a result of doing it incorrectly" to sound a bit more neutral lol. but. Looking back at it, that comes off as a lot ruder.

ANYWAYS I'm rambling at this point and it probably barely makes sense.But, I do apologize for coming off as treating you like an idiot, as that was not my intention. It was just a result of poor wording on my part.

Reveal hidden contents

NCtxLmc.png

And it's fine 

4 hours ago, DarthJundar said:

I do, do it correctly, and it's really annoying me. It's the only reason I don't use my Lesion

Oh. This is where the problem is, then. Neither of the stances for the lesion have an "E hold E" combo, they both have "E E hold E" combos.

I went in game to test right now to check if the E E hold E combo wasn't working, just in case, but it is working. If you do "E hold E", it will do a charge attack (like you said in an earlier reply), but since the combo for both stances is E E hold E, yeah. you have to do that instead.

5 hours ago, Soup2504 said:

Oh. This is where the problem is, then. Neither of the stances for the lesion have an "E hold E" combo, they both have "E E hold E" combos.

I went in game to test right now to check if the E E hold E combo wasn't working, just in case, but it is working. If you do "E hold E", it will do a charge attack (like you said in an earlier reply), but since the combo for both stances is E E hold E, yeah. you have to do that instead.

I have the same issue with Blind Justice as I do with Bleeding Will

5 hours ago, DarthJundar said:

I have the same issue with Blind Justice as I do with Bleeding Will

Hmm. Can you explain that in more detail? I don't understand how it can be the same issue when both stances have different combos, so I need something like. an explanation of the issue on both stances (even if they're the same) so I can get how they're the same problem.

If it's possible to record a video, that would help too. Just wanna see exactly what's going on.

18 hours ago, Soup2504 said:

Hmm. Can you explain that in more detail? I don't understand how it can be the same issue when both stances have different combos, so I need something like. an explanation of the issue on both stances (even if they're the same) so I can get how they're the same problem.

If it's possible to record a video, that would help too. Just wanna see exactly what's going on.

I would need to charge my tablet to take a video and I'm lazy. 

When I do E hold E it charge attacks instead of the combo

and if I do EE hold E it charge attacks 90% of the time

5 hours ago, DarthJundar said:

I would need to charge my tablet to take a video and I'm lazy. 

When I do E hold E it charge attacks instead of the combo

and if I do EE hold E it charge attacks 90% of the time

For both stances?

On blind justice, EE hold E resulting in a charge attack makes sense, as that's the only way they're able to be pulled off for me (since blind justice has an E hold E combo making it so holding E just doesn't charge attack). E hold E resulting in a charge attack is definitely weird on that stance, though. For obvious reasons.

But, if we're talking about the bleeding willow stance, E hold E resulting in a charge attack makes sense, as you can pull off charge attacks mid-combo, and there is no "E hold E" combo in bleeding willow. The combo is E E hold E, instead. But, again. It's definitely weird that it does a charge attack when you try pulling off the E E hold E combo.

This is just an all around weird situation, and I really don't know what could possibly be causing it. Like, for my issue, I at least have an idea of what could possibly be happening, but for your issue I just can't figure out a possible reason for it. Hopefully both issues can be resolved soon, though. As this has been an annoyance for me since the re-introduction of charge attacks, as I'm sure your issue has been, too.

8 minutes ago, Soup2504 said:

For both stances?

On blind justice, EE hold E resulting in a charge attack makes sense, as that's the only way they're able to be pulled off for me (since blind justice has an E hold E combo making it so holding E just doesn't charge attack). E hold E resulting in a charge attack is definitely weird on that stance, though. For obvious reasons.

But, if we're talking about the bleeding willow stance, E hold E resulting in a charge attack makes sense, as you can pull off charge attacks mid-combo, and there is no "E hold E" combo in bleeding willow. The combo is E E hold E, instead. But, again. It's definitely weird that it does a charge attack when you try pulling off the E E hold E combo.

This is just an all around weird situation, and I really don't know what could possibly be causing it. Like, for my issue, I at least have an idea of what could possibly be happening, but for your issue I just can't figure out a possible reason for it. Hopefully both issues can be resolved soon, though. As this has been an annoyance for me since the re-introduction of charge attacks, as I'm sure your issue has been, too.

Yes on both stances