Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better Non-Rhino/frost Solo Experience.

Xylia

Just as the title says.

I've been trying to level Ember and I've been having some mild difficulty with her ridiculous squishiness. Steel Fiber, Redirection, etc mods don't seem to be working anywhere near as well as they do on the Rhino, and I get my butt planted on the floor in <5 seconds of any decent amount of enemy fire coming my way.

My Ember is currently 18.

I tried a mission on Mars, and STALKER showed up. Oh nice. That's guaranteed death. Yup, each "PLUNK!" of his Dread, there went 200 Shields/Health. I lasted maybe 10-12 seconds or so, trying to juke around the lockers and such but it didn't work.

So that's nice.

I use a Revive, and suddenly, the grineer on the other side of the room are doing RIDICULOUS damage. I can't figure out why. Did my Solo game get changed to Online Mode or something when STALKER appeared? I don't know.

Either way, the rest of the map was ridiculously hard (I had done this map a few times before this happened without anywhere near this amount of difficulty).

Even before the STALKER incident, solo with Ember is incredibly painful. That Overheat thing is nice and all, but costing 50 energy when mobs don't drop all that many energy orbs (and there's never an Energy Siphon alert up, ever while I'm online).

So, my suggestions for improving the Solo mode:

These all involve using the option labeled "SOLO".

1). Certain mobs do reduced effects when you're SOLO ONLY:

a). Disruptor Ancients should only nail you for 25% of your shields and energy plus knockdown, OR, 50% of your shields and energy, no knockdown/stagger.

b). Grineer Scorpions should have a cooldown on their rope throw, perhaps 10 seconds and a more limited range + Line of Sight requirement.

c). Grineer Commanders should never spawn in a Rescue Mission, OR, they cannot teleport you.

d). Reduced Stagger for Chargers, and/or 10% reduction in their running speed.

e). Corpus Techs can only deploy ONE Shield Osprey. OR, give them a 25 second cooldown.

f). Shield Ospreys can only shield 2 targets at once.

2). Reduce incoming damage by 25% on low-armor frames like Ember, Nyx, etc. Reduce it by 10% on everyone else but Rhino and Frost, leave those two alone.

3). If you are knocked "out" or "killed", you will lay on the ground. Bleed Out should only occur when you take damage (equivalent to your health) and like shields, Bleed Out restores over time when you are not taking damage. This allows you to finish off the last 1-2 mobs in a room with a Pistol in some cases. It gives you a fighting chance in some situations. Toxic Clouds do not affect Bleed Out (which allows you to kill the Toxic Ancient and still recover).

4). Mobs should have a 10% increased chance to drop an energy orb, OR, 10% Power Conservation similar to Streamline.

5). Rifle/Sniper Ammo should drop slightly more often (running out of Ammo in solo is quite common).

6). STALKER. Nerf him in Solo, Please.

Edited by Xylia

Theres a simple fix for your issue: quit being hit. If you understand you're playing with a soft warframe, your tactics should revolve around dodging and kiting mobs around. What you're saying basicly, is that those frames should be as tanky as the "tank" warframes.

You know that a maxed overheat with a maxed focus mod can reduce the damage received by Ember by 91% while doing AoE damage? Ember is not squishy at all! Gosh i'm growing tired of people saying "buff this, nerf that" when they don't know stuff or are just plain clumsy when playing.

Edited by Zephon

its not that hard man.

in any game with progression it often times comes down to what your gear looks like.

if your gear is fine then skill is the other 50%.

ember is a lackluster frame to use unless you are going up against infested. even then you still have plenty of options to blast thru any mission so long as you have the mods for it.

note that overheat gives you damage reduction of 70% (90%+ with focus) for 13 seconds (which can be boosted further by continuity). she is far from defenseless.

Edited by MetalGerbil

No offense, but I think the problem is your play style. You were using Rhino, the best tank warframe there is - High health, shields, and armor, and an invincibility ability (however much weakened it is compared to what it used to be it is still invincibility). You have to change play styles with frames that are less tanky - go strait at the enemy without a plan on other frames and, as you have experienced, you will end up dead.

You know that a maxed overheat with a maxed focus mod can reduce the damage received by Ember by 91% while doing AoE damage? Ember is not squishy at all! Gosh i'm growing tired of people saying "buff this, nerf that" when they don't know stuff or are just plain clumsy when playing.

"This is where I would put Focus

.......IF I HAD ONE!"

yadda yadda.

And good luck trying to dodge 20 people shooting at you simultaneously. Yaaaaa.

About the only thing you can do is either run past everything, or duck in the previous hallway and PRAY more mobs don't spawn BEHIND you and start shooting you in the back.

And some of these issues annoy me even when I'm playing Rhino. Anything above Lv20 just starts getting ridiculous without maxed out mods (some of which are stupidly rare).

Oh, and add.....

7). Reduce the mob spawns please. 20+ mobs in a room is ridiculous for solo.

Edited by Xylia

I almost always play solo with my terrible internet. I use a Volt, and I find it to be a great experience. The enemies, while not always easy, can be dispatched with agile tactics, effective use of hit-and-run mixed with charging in guns-ablazin', and quick thinking. I see very little issues with drop rates or anything.

Solo adds a totally new aspect, which have only one problem with. Once dead there's no way to get a revive without using one of your 4 revives. But that just means I use tactics more strategically

Without Focus you still get a 70% reduction which is a lot. I can faceroll lv 35+ contents with my Ember, and my skill level is pretty average, if not worse, same for my mods( my Ember actually has 551 shields and 420 hp, no steel fiber, and some shield regen, nothing special in terms of durability, as you can see). I must agree with the others and think that you have an excessively aggressive/careless gameplay, or you just need to kite more.

Edited by Zephon

7). Reduce the mob spawns please. 20+ mobs in a room is ridiculous for solo.

Now this I definitely half agree with.

Sometime I just want to go in and kill things, but otherwise the mob spawn rate is too high. What I think they should do is make 'spawning tanks' of some sort for all mobs, like they do with Mao in Corpus missions. Then make them able to be destroyed - that way, if you do not want more enemies, all you have to do is destroy the 'spawning tanks' as you clear out the room.

readed the op, all i got was "game to hard, nerf it"

like many mention it if you play a fragile frame dont run in and pretend to be rambo

and whats the problem with overheat? focus, contunity and show them how less you care for there dmg

1. enemy shooters: do a duck & cover every now and then, this will get you through (since you have the fastest shield regeneration of all frames!)

2. infested: that's what your skills are all about

3. surrounded/oh-S#&amp;&#036;: overheat, massive dmg migation + aoe damage + stagger

Playing ember and complaining about not being tanky enough?

Is this a troll thread?

Seriously, if you're playing a squishy warframe, you shouldn't be running into a room with 35 corpus on your own.

As a general rule, you're smarter and have better aim than the AI... Use that.