Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ultframe, Press4Frame, Nukeframe, Uberframe

Hayden11121

mimimimi people don't play the way like how I want them to play mimimi

nerf nurf norf narf sing le song of ze nerf

if you just want to shoot, go play another game, if you want to play this game with random people adapt yourself to them, not the opposite, if you want to play the way you want, get clanmates or friends.

You're misunderstanding, at least with what I have been saying. I'm not saying to make it just another shooter. I'm saying that ultimate attacks should be ultimate attacks, not easily spammable attacks that have little to no consequence to using them. You shouldn't be able to rely on that attack and that attack alone, it ruins every other possible way of attacking, be it shooting, melee, or the other attack powers.

Edited by RyojinOrion

You're misunderstanding, at least with what I have been saying. I'm not saying to make it just another shooter. I'm saying that ultimate attacks should be ultimate attacks, not easily spammable attacks that have little to no consequence to using them. You shouldn't be able to rely on that attack and that attack alone, it ruins every other possible way of attacking, be it shooting, melee, or the other attack powers.

first of all if you used the search funciton you would see that this discussion is overblabla'ed, first cd was bad, then energy is bad, everythings bad

the energy system came to replace the cooldown system, also cooldown system would slow down the gameplay which DE doesn't want, also if it's completely with cooldown the game becomes mass effect 3 mp

Edited by SeiraSunmin

first of all if you used the search button this discussion is overtalked, first cd was bad, then energy is bad, everythings bad

the energy system was to replace the cooldown system, also cooldown system would slow down the gameplay which DE doesn't want, also if it's completely with cooldown the game becomes mass effect 3 mp

Hey, I'm not the one who created the thread. I'm just giving my thoughts on it, which is what this place is for. Also, I'm not saying energy is bad. I'm saying it is too readily available. A cooldown on ultimate attacks wouldn't slow the game down unless that is all you do.

And just because penguins are birds they should fly  sure 

Hello, strawman. Nice to see you again.

Edited by RyojinOrion

The consequence is if you don't use it effenciently you run out of energy and can't spam it anymore.

The consequence is if you don't use it effenciently you run out of energy and can't spam it anymore.

Which leads me back around to the idea of energy being to readily available which eliminates the consequence, and that dropping the energy orb drop rates could be an alternative solution to increased energy costs or a cooldown.

Actually it just occured to me, are the 4 powers actually called Ultimate attacks anywhere in game? Or is that just what the community calls them? If not, argument over!

Not really. Whatever they are officially called doesn't change the fact that the strength to cost ratio is disproportionate to every other ability in the game, and that every other ability becomes pretty useless next to it due to that and how readily available energy is.

Edited by RyojinOrion

Which leads me back around to the idea of energy being to readily available which eliminates the consequence, and that dropping the energy orb drop rates could be an alternative solution to increased energy costs or a cooldown.

And if energy orbs don't drop you're out of luck and still can't spam moves.

And if energy orbs don't drop you're out of luck and still can't spam moves.

There's more ways to kill and survive than just pressing number four over and over. Perhaps learning to use them effectively would be a wise move.

Edited by RyojinOrion

I don't really see a problem with this.

Skill use should be encouraged. Frames are all different and their unique abilities make gameplay more varied.

In addition, many frames benefit more from using lower skills often instead of using their 4 once.

I don't really see a problem with this.

Skill use should be encouraged. Frames are all different and their unique abilities make gameplay more varied.

In addition, many frames benefit more from using lower skills often instead of using their 4 once.

I never said they didn't.

But when it comes straight down to it some just use it all the time.

Vauban, Frost, Ember, Saryn, and Mag pretty much don't function without it.

actually mags best skill is bullet attractor, nothing to argue about

Off topic much? But I will fall for the bait.

It Is best versus a boss, if you're using a weapon with bad accuracy. But what if you are against 20 grineer lancers? Using bullet attractor on enemies will do what exactly? Kill that one lancer? 19 left. On the other hand... crush... well. You know.

Off topic much? But I will fall for the bait.

It Is best versus a boss, if you're using a weapon with bad accuracy. But what if you are against 20 grineer lancers? Using bullet attractor on enemies will do what exactly? Kill that one lancer? 19 left. On the other hand... crush... well. You know.

crush is weak, it's dmg can be ignored since it doesn't ignore armor at all, also though the range is decent, on higher defense you don't use these skills to fight bigger hords, you'll need a nyx that keeps them in chaos mode and focus the bigger ones out

mag works great without crush

You're using the assumption that because some people use 4 all the time it should have a cooldown...

I went to Xini yesterday with Saryn. Id go up the stairs, use Molt. Attract a load of Infested, then hit 4 to kill most of the ones that went upstairs. That done, whoever survived Id melee using my 3 power.

While doing that my team would each cover one entrance and one on the cryopod.

Why would cooldown be bad? There where situations where my team was pretty useless, the end stats after 15 waves on Xini put me with 458 kills, while they had 50 something kills each. I had to spam my 4th skill some times cause well, they would just die, and I had to save the cryopod.

Its a online game, but when you play as a team, you arent guaranteed a good playing team.

I didnt get 458 kills only by spam spam spam, I even had times where I was out of energy cause of those disruptors, now at the same time Im able to use all abilities and at need spam 4 if it gets serious, why should i get my playstyle that I enjoy denied because of some players that only rely on that.

Being able to spam the ult at sometimes is a lifesaver, and adding a cooldown wont make it worthy on higher levels when you cant rely only on gear, or even when youre team cant keep up, but wants to go on defending.

Fit in, as i did, or simply find people that play youre style.

You're using the assumption that because some people use 4 all the time it should have a cooldown...

I went to Xini yesterday with Saryn. Id go up the stairs, use Molt. Attract a load of Infested, then hit 4 to kill most of the ones that went upstairs. That done, whoever survived Id melee using my 3 power.

While doing that my team would each cover one entrance and one on the cryopod.

Why would cooldown be bad? There where situations where my team was pretty useless, the end stats after 15 waves on Xini put me with 458 kills, while they had 50 something kills each. I had to spam my 4th skill some times cause well, they would just die, and I had to save the cryopod.

Its a online game, but when you play as a team, you arent guaranteed a good playing team.

I didnt get 458 kills only by spam spam spam, I even had times where I was out of energy cause of those disruptors, now at the same time Im able to use all abilities and at need spam 4 if it gets serious, why should i get my playstyle that I enjoy denied because of some players that only rely on that.

Being able to spam the ult at sometimes is a lifesaver, and adding a cooldown wont make it worthy on higher levels when you cant rely only on gear, or even when youre team cant keep up, but wants to go on defending.

Fit in, as i did, or simply find people that play youre style.

You just said you used it to kill enemies at the start of each wave, with molt.

Then said you didn't spam it.

And with 485 kills you did get it by spam spam spam.

Lots of Frames have better/ also useful lesser powers.

Only frames I use are included here

Excalibur- Slash and Jump (screw you stairs!) I almost never use Radial Javeline

Loki- all of his are useful, although invisibility (his third) is best

Mag- the only one I don't use is polarize. Pull knocks over heavies and most bosses and bullet attractor can save you from alot of bullets in a narrow area

Ember- her 2 and 3 powers are both useful and her 4 works differently than most frames

Vauban- Tesla, Tesla and more Tesla. Occasionally Bastion. Vortex is OK but I rarely use it.

Banshee- Fus Roh DAH! and that weakness finding power can be pretty helpful.

Nyx- All of her powers rock, but especially Chaos (wich is a 3 skill)

Trinity- It's all good.

I'm not seeing a problem with 4 skills being overpowered. Maybe it's just me and my clan, I honestly haven't played that many randoms.

You just said you used it to kill enemies at the start of each wave, with molt.

Then said you didn't spam it.

And with 485 kills you did get it by spam spam spam.

To kill some, yes.

Use it once is spam? haha

Lets rewrite what spam means.

I used a sequence of my abilities to clean up part of the enemies then meleed the rest, and ofc used my guns.

As far as i love using my melee and killing loads of stuff, the more time I waste killing one-by-one is the time I could be allready playing the same defense mission again after getting my prize.

As I said, fit in, or get out.

Or learn how to solo, as far as Ive seen you arent capable of, or wouldnt be here whinning :)