Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uninstalling and Reinstalling Through Steam

Kurokazna

Question

So I've tried this before, and I uninstalled the game which was installed through this site to try to install it through steam, and Steam sees the Warframe launcher as a shortcut, so my Warframe doesn't launch through Steam any more, and I can't use the Steam client, and more importantly, don't have access to the most recent tennogen things.

Now, since my uninstall and reinstall of Warframe a few weeks ago, I seem to have forgotten entirely how to even uninstall it. I could use some help, and any tips on making it so that I can launch the game through Steam as a Steam game and not a shortcut,

5 answers to this question

Tenno, do you mean uninstalling the game via steam? Or do you mean uninstalling the game from your computer?
I know a dumb question, however if you are uninstalling the game through  your steam games library, you right click on the game and then click delete to uninstall games now from steam.  

Also opening a support ticket would not hurt at all.

Tenno, do you mean uninstalling the game via steam? Or do you mean uninstalling the game from your computer?
I know a dumb question, however if you are uninstalling the game through  your steam games library, you right click on the game and then click delete to uninstall games now from steam.  

Also opening a support ticket would not hurt at all.

[double post sorry!]

Edited by (PS4)B3tusHammer

Is this the reverse of my bug? I can't use the steam wf launcher anymore at all no matter what I do, despite several reinstalls. So I installed the one from here instead and it works like a charm, except I can't access any tennogen skins I don't already own. I can keep installing the steam version though, both are currently in my library, except the steam one doesn't work.

There is a topic on how to make steam recognize the non-steam version as its own though, let me find it real quick and add it to my post.

Not sure where warframe files are kept if it's not through steam but just delete every file that has warframe written on it and check your steam folder to make sure it's not there either (when steam uninstalls a game it keeps the folder so your saves aren't deleted) then just reinstall it and it should be fine as long as there's no residual files