Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ballista damage

DeFragMe

Question

Simple Question, can a Grineer Ballista cause headshots?

While iam constantly running ceres (not Draco) atm. i was wondering, how they manage to sometimes cause me 30% schild damage and sometimes instantly kill me when i have full shields and health, in the middle of a bullet jump to the side.

Edited by DeFragMe

9 answers to this question

Ballista tend to scale extremely fast with levels. And everything that scales just fits their design so well: Health to survive and be more of a nuisance than need be; damage to be able to effectively kill anyone really fast(Just like our other friends Napalm and Bombard, only with hitscan instead of avoidable projectiles); and worst of all accuracy which was already high to begin with.

When fighting them, the only two ways I've fought them relatively safely is to either peek around a corner (they won't try to shoot until you're out from cover a certain amount) or rolling a LOT while shooting them. (Enemies tend to lose a lot of accuracy when a player is rolling)

so they can headshot... happens way to often for me ( every 2 exterminations at least once in the middle of sliding or jumping). maybe that also explains how the seeker's tend to instant kill me with the kraken when i get a inch to close.

Yeah I think they can. Enemy weapons can inflict status procs so I assume they can also crit and benefit from body shot multipliers. Not to mention the Vulkar that the Ballistas use primarily deals impact damage which does bonus damage to shields. 

11 minutes ago, PizzaGuy111 said:

only with hitscan instead of avoidable projectiles

I could sometimes swear I've dodged a Ballista shot in flight. Maybe I crazy, though.

11 minutes ago, PizzaGuy111 said:

Enemies tend to lose a lot of accuracy when a player is rolling

More to the point, you get 80% DR while rolling.

6 minutes ago, ChronoEclipse said:

More to the point, you get 80% DR while rolling.

only rolling? bullet jump.not counting eventhought faster? cause rolling is sometimes inpraktical if soroundef by enemies and you are on your own.

and i also think they have travel time, they tend to miss alot when i change direktion.

Edited by DeFragMe

7 minutes ago, DeFragMe said:

only rolling? bullet jump.not counting eventhought faster? cause rolling is sometimes inpraktical if soroundef by enemies and you are on your own.

Yep, only rolling. Bullet jump is a travel maneuver; rolling is a dodging maneuver. You can roll almost immediately after bullet jumping.

4 minutes ago, ChronoEclipse said:

Yep, only rolling. Bullet jump is a travel maneuver; rolling is a dodging maneuver. You can roll almost immediately after bullet jumping.

well.. i got to try a few things then, because i dont think iam able to do anything while rolling..